Wrinkles November '07 Dive Planning Thread - Catalina Island

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow, what a great weekend of diving off of Catalina! The Wrinkles event was sweet, thanks to Christian and the whole SoCal gang for showing us out of towners a warm welcome. Y’all have some world class diving in the Kelp Realm, IMHO. Some fine dinners as well.

It was great to dive with Ken (Mo2mation) and Claudette, who sure make it fun with their scooter shenanigans as well as their expertise. Steve (Divemaster223) and Mike for the Friday night dive, the invincible dive light which works fully flooded was a Princeton Tec by the way. Andy Steve and Mike were a good team for the Valiant on Saturday, nice long surface swim out with strange salps floating in the big blue. Yan (Divebrasil) another excellent buddy for the twilight-night dive on Saturday. All Good.

Sundays boat dive was a highlight, diving with Dave (Dwaters) first dive and Janene (HBdivegirl) second after Dave and David opted out. Thanks David for the use of the cell phone as well. Ber Rabbit I am digging the swamp thing photo. I even got to meet Dr. Bill who provided an overview of Kelp Taxonomy.

I hope to make it out again, great diving and great people.

Wow, what a great weekend of diving off of Catalina! The Wrinkles event was sweet, thanks to Christian and the whole SoCal gang for showing us out of towners a warm welcome. Y’all have some world class diving in the Kelp Realm, IMHO. Some fine dinners as well.

It was great to dive with Ken (Mo2mation) and Claudette, who sure make it fun with their scooter shenanigans as well as their expertise. Steve (Divemaster223) and Mike for the Friday night dive, the invincible dive light which works fully flooded was a Princeton Tec by the way. Andy Steve and Mike were a good team for the Valiant on Saturday, nice long surface swim out with strange salps floating in the big blue. Yan (Divebrasil) another excellent buddy for the twilight-night dive on Saturday. All Good.

Sundays boat dive was a highlight, diving with Dave (Dwaters) first dive and Janene (HBdivegirl) second after Dave and David opted out. Thanks David for the use of the cell phone as well. Ber Rabbit I am digging the swamp thing photo. I even got to meet Dr. Bill who provided an overview of Kelp Taxonomy.

I hope to make it out again, great diving and great people.

I don't know why I called it a Pelican

<----- :shakehead::lotsalove:

LOL...I had great dives with ya bro...I hope you can make it back out again soon! I may have a dry suit the next time you see me, we'll see :14:

I posted these at divematrix and forgot to post them here also.

Here are misc pictures I took throughout the weekend. Sorry, I didn't narrate and identify who is who, but you know who you are.. :D

Dive Park Pics

divepark_12.jpg

divepark_13.jpg

divepark_10.jpg

divepark_9.jpg

divepark_7.jpg

divepark_6.jpg

divepark_5.jpg

divepark_4.jpg

Rocket Man's pack getting ready to take flight, or ummm depth!
rocketpack.jpg

Cont...

Saturday Night Dinner Pics

dinner_10.jpg

dinner_11.jpg

dinner_12.jpg

dinner_13.jpg

dinner_14.jpg

dinner_9.jpg

dinner_8.jpg

dinner_7.jpg

dinner_6.jpg

dinner_5.jpg

dinner_4.jpg

dinner_3.jpg

dinner_2.jpg

dinner_1.jpg

Nice shots Ted I see you got my good side.

John

Hey Ber, when you coming back out again :huh:

... the kelp wants a rematch :rofl3:

LOL! I really have no idea, hubby would like to come out and have time to explore topside. This trip was a bit of a whirlwind tour.

The kelp is just upset because it lost the night dive AND the boat ladder rounds. The attack on Tjack was uncalled for after losing to me :rofl3: Next time instead of hanging onto the boat ladder to remove my fins I'm hanging onto the kelp and using it for a tagline :eyebrow:
Ber :lilbunny:

John, Orange, and I had a good time this weekend though we werent exactly with the Wrinkles gang =)

Here's a few photos anyway...

Saturday morning in Avalon. Bright eyes, bushy tail.
orangeinavalon.jpg

The hose goes where?
hosed.jpg

Lions and divers and Bers, Oh MY!
orangewithBer-1.jpg

We all love Claudette
orangeheartsDette.jpg

The carp some buddies have to put up with.
divebuds.jpg

Oh yeah...chicks dig the lion...
chicksdigthelion.jpg

Back
Top Bottom