Wrinkles November '07 Dive Planning Thread - Catalina Island

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ber, We don't really have a hard thermocline, it was 68-69 on the surface and gradually went to 59 at 65' fsw, last Saturday. Pack for cool water.

What? No "so defined you can see its haze, stick your hand in it and freeze because it's 20 degrees colder than the water your body is in" thermocline? You're trying to spoil me aren't you :eyebrow: Ber :lilbunny:

It does happen - sometimes but not to that extent.:wink:

BTW, You know what they say, once you have been diving in California, you may never go back!

Generally So. California divers don't wear anything under their exposure suit :eyebrow:
While that wouldn't bother me in a wetsuit the drysuit BITES :11: I've had it draw blood on my knee when the undies weren't thick enough...if you think I'm giving it carte blanche on sensitive skin you're nuts :11:
It does happen - sometimes but not to that extent.:wink:

BTW, You know what they say, once you have been diving in California, you may never go back!

LOL! You can't appreciate a thermocline until it draws a line in the water :D

Well, looks like we'll see about that! Caribbean diving is nice but hasn't been able to pull me away from my beloved cold water :dork2:
Ber :lilbunny:

I'll be there sporting my 5mm once piece, freezing my butt off as usual. At least I have the luxury of not having to check temps ahead of time...I'm still wearing the same thing regardless :D

10 more days and I'm on the boat over!! :14:

I'll be there sporting my 5mm once piece, freezing my butt off as usual. At least I have the luxury of not having to check temps ahead of time...I'm still wearing the same thing regardless :D

10 more days and I'm on the boat over!! :14:

I suspect there is enough extra gear in this group that you could borrow warmer gear, if you wanted to.

5 mil divers unite! I'll be wearing a little more neoprene though with a farmer john and a hooded vest. :D

Wow, I was debating between 7mm or drysuit and concluded on the drysuit. Y'all with the 5mm are tough. Not likely to see any of those Great Lakes thermoclines Ber, 60 at the surface and 39 at depth. What kind of air temps should we expect?

Wow, I was debating between 7mm or drysuit and concluded on the drysuit. Y'all with the 5mm are tough. Not likely to see any of those Great Lakes thermoclines Ber, 60 at the surface and 39 at depth. What kind of air temps should we expect?

Forecast for Avalon shows high of 81, low of 58 for this weekend.

Great! I've got Chamber Duty this weekend, and will be helping out with the Catalina Conference of the Undersea & Hyperbaric Medical Society, Pacific Chapter.

Y'all should come over this weekend anyway and learn something . . . at Avalon and Two Harbors (USC Wrigley Science Center at Big Fisherman Cove), 2-4 Nov Fri thru Sun.

Back
Top Bottom