Wrinkles' October 30th Dive in La Jolla And Beach BBQ

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mo2vation:
Seeing as Sat went pretty well in Catalina, Jaye and I are planning on coming down for this. Hopefully it will be pretty flat so I can get in and out without much incremental damage to robo leg.

We'll probably come down Friday night, stay locally, and dive early and often. I'm gonna scramble for a couple more tanks so I don't need to go for a refill after every dive.

Looking forward to it.

K

We could always hook you up to a scooter.............

Mo2vation:
Seeing as Sat went pretty well in Catalina, Jaye and I are planning on coming down for this. Hopefully it will be pretty flat so I can get in and out without much incremental damage to robo leg.

We'll probably come down Friday night, stay locally, and dive early and often. I'm gonna scramble for a couple more tanks so I don't need to go for a refill after every dive.

Looking forward to it.

K
I figure we could always put you in a wheel barrow or on a dolly with really big wheels to dump... er... I mean... place you into the water!

Or the scooter that Shaka mentions could be used to to pull you out. It would be like a Monster Truck pull! We could call it the First Annual Robo Leg Pull! We'll see how many scooters all pulling at the same time it will take to get you past the breakers. :11:

Christian

ShakaZulu:
We could always hook you up to a scooter.............

Bay-Bee. That's what I'm talking about - I wanna scoot back in. Forget about boogie boarding and wake boarding. I wanna get the scooter rockin, point it towards the shore and do a Marilu perfect dismount over the sand, past the surf line right to the fire pit, a chair and a cold beverage.

I'm talkin airbourn. I'm talking round off back handspring, pretty much without the round off or the back thing. Just bolt out of the surf like a flying fish.

THAT would be fun.

Dood - sign me up.

K

hotduck:
Good morning , Im hotduck and I would like to sign up for the "wrinkles dive' in San Deigo on Oct 30 2004. Several of the guys I dive with are going to be there and I would be happy to bring somthing for the BBQ. I have just started on the scubaboard web-site and Im not to familar with it yet , Thanks hotduck

Welcome! It would be great if you could bring a watermelon. See you at the Wrinkles Dive!

Thanks,
Ann Marie

ShakaZulu:
Does anyone have a spare Mosquito I can borrow for this dive, mine is in for repairs........... I'd hate to cut my buddies dive short cause I'm using tables.

I've got one I'll bring.

hotduck:
Good morning , Im hotduck and I would like to sign up for the "wrinkles dive' in San Deigo on Oct 30 2004. Several of the guys I dive with are going to be there and I would be happy to bring somthing for the BBQ. I have just started on the scubaboard web-site and Im not to familar with it yet , Thanks hotduck

Hey hotduck! glad to see you here!

This is just a reminder (for those of you who haven't) to go to the following URL and click on the link to add yourself to the list of attendees on the public Calendar.

http://www.scubaboard.com/calendar.php?do=getinfo&e=180&day=2004-10-30

Remember, if you have multiple people in your party, let Ann Marie know how many for planning purposes. You can do that by either posting it here or sending her a PM.

All divers and non-divers, ScubaBoard members and non-ScubaBoard members are welcome.

DISCOUNTS!!!

Don't forget to post to this thread we started for discounts on air fills, rentals and purchases for the day of the Wrinkles Dive:

http://www.scubaboard.com/t74341-wrinkles'-october-30th-air-fills,-rental-and-purchasing-needs.html

By the way, I'll re-post this from time to time, so that this link is always easy to find close to the end of this thread.

Christian

Hello, everybody !

I will try to joint you on the first dive at 7:00 am if I'll wake up @ 5:00 am. I'll need 2 air fills for all 3 dives that day.

- Gary

Being a project coordinator for many years has made me somewhat.... tense when it comes to events with no plan.

That said,

What time are we starting the event?
What time is the first dive?
What time are we shooting for lunch?
Second dive time?

I think this will benifit anyone who may be joining us mid-day to help plan their arrival time.

Thanks to all the wonderful people who have already done so much to get this off the ground. Joanne and I will be there with our ice water and smiles.

Regards

Terry

Hey Guys. Saw your post. I used to dive with USD Seaducers and we would do a underwater costume contest and pumpkin carving. At La Jolla Shores. This was probbley 15 years ago. Are they still doing it would love to know.
Coairdiver. Dive Hard/ Fly Right. Paul Continental Airlines.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom