Wrinkles' October 30th Dive in La Jolla And Beach BBQ

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Don't forget the frisbees!

This is just a reminder (for those of you who haven't) to go to the following URL and click on the link to add yourself to the list of attendees on the public Calendar.

http://www.scubaboard.com/calendar.php?do=getinfo&e=180&day=2004-10-30

Remember, if you have multiple people in your party, let Ann Marie know how many for planning purposes. You can do that by either posting it here or sending her a PM.

All divers and non-divers, ScubaBoard members and non-ScubaBoard members are welcome.

DISCOUNTS!!!

Don't forget to post to this thread we started for discounts on air fills, rentals and purchases for the day of the Wrinkles Dive:

http://www.scubaboard.com/t74341-wrinkles'-october-30th-air-fills,-rental-and-purchasing-needs.html

This is the last time that I'll repost this, so that this link is easy to find close to the end of this thread.

Christian

ShakaZulu:
We'll have at least two days for things to clear up. Last weeks rain ended on Wednesday, and we had 50ft of viz on Saterday morning. Should be ok, if not, we'll have a hell of a Scuba Board BBQ.

The issue is the bacteria level......

Someone in the SD area needs to make the call. I understand it was raining down there today (Thursday).

Otter:

Someone in the SD area needs to make the call. I understand it was raining down there today (Thursday).

The rain was light, and stopped by early morning. The rain actually helped to clean things up, since it's been raining for such a long time. I can't say what the vis will be like, since it's a variable on any day, but it will be safe, sunny and warm for Saturdays BBQ. Show up and plan on diving. All the local San Diegans are! :dazzler1:

John-Boy

Otter:

I agree, I don't mind driving down there to hang out at the BBQ.

I rather not dive in unknown water conditions.......

krowsea:
The rain was light, and stopped by early morning. The rain actually helped to clean things up, since it's been raining for such a long time. I can't say what the vis will be like, since it's a variable on any day, but it will be safe, sunny and warm for Saturdays BBQ. Show up and plan on diving. All the local San Diegans are! :dazzler1:

John-Boy

That the rain cleans things up. While I wish it were true, the reality is all of the urban polution that sits on the streets (like motor oil, bacteria from animal waste, insecticides) are repopulated daily and that aren't even visible. So after every rain, all that stuff flows downstream. I have seen too many people go into the water too soon only to come home with ear infections and sometimes respiratory infections. Its an individual's call on this, I'd like to know when the last rain hit SD.

I notice the beach advisory is still up for La Jolla Shores, but maybe it will be removed later today.

Data, we need data :wink:

How about another link to a map to the dive site or driving directions? anyone?

Back
Top Bottom