Wrinkles September '07 Dive Planning Thread - La Jolla

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

0900807-1.jpg

0900807-3.jpg

0900807-6-1.jpg

0900807-9.jpg

0900807-14-1.jpg

0900807-16-1.jpg

0900807-18-1.jpg

0900807-35.jpg

0900807-47.jpg

0900807-48.jpg

0900807-49.jpg

0900807-52.jpg

0900807-61.jpg

Nice pictures guys, sorry I missed the fun maybe I can make the next one.

John

Good times with good friends, amazing diving. Missed the train wheels today on the boat dive, but we were in the right area. So much too see....California diving rules!!!!!!!

PS. Christian, thanks for taking the time to organize all the fun festivities.

Sorry I missed you all!

The oil rigs were great, though. :wink:

Gee, no pictures of debauchery guaranteed to offend "concerned"? I'm shocked...

Friday night, Josh guided a Scooter night dive for me and 'dette. We saw a couple of Terry's FakeyThona's. I had no camera.

Saturday AM, Josh again hosted a dive. Another nice dive, came up on the real North wall (very cool) and on the way back saw several more of Terry's FakeyThona's. I had no camera.

We heard people talking about the Lion Nudis... OK - so a plan was hatched.

Armed and ready for dive 3 and 4 of our trip, Dive 3 'Chica and I would return to the North Wall, where I would shoot some Nudis and fish and other fun stuff. Dive 4 would be a trip to the gardens, the point and the Lions.

Well - I never saw another FakeyThona...

When we got to the North Wall on dive 3, someone had removed most of the Nudis we saw that morning...

We never made it to the Gardens on Dive 4 - and we looked over every single kelp stipe we found, and never saw the Lions...

OY.

Memo to self: LJS shoots better in the AM (viz got worse and worse as the day went on...) Take a camera on the AM dive, bonehead.

Here are some shots. Great to see everyone again.

---
Ken

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A lone baby Metridium on the North Wall.

Matthew Lesko Nudi - a new species at LJS. I love the question mark on this guy's forehead.

North Wall Clownie. Saw several larger ones in the AM... this was the only left at lunch time.

North Wall 'tata - in the AM (when doofus was sans camera) we saw probably 20. At mid day, we saw maybe 4.

Juvi Tree Fish Peek-a-boo - you know how I love these guys. This little guy was playing on the North Wall. He was out until I started snapping the strobes - then he ran into a hole. He was still curious and was peeking at me from inside the garage. It was silly fun.

Flying Fed Ex - this guy was looking for his next step, and stretching far out into the surge from his pointy ledge.

WHAT IS THIS THING???? Anyone? Anyone?

Hare in the grass - lots o' grass, lots o' sea hares.

Surprise Guest - I set up the head-on shot of this 'tata on the North Wall. It took a few seconds to set up, as I wanted to get very low and shoot up into the blackness, as he was on a rocky ledge. I get the shot, and as I was kicking away and looking into the cam's LCD screen, I see a visitor moved into the shot (the fish in the background...) I take it over to show 'dette, as I'm cracking up. She smiled and said "wait..." When we got out after the dive, she told me "as soon as you locked in, this fish came over from the top of the wall to see what all the hoopla was about. He circled a bit and finally settled behind the shot - like a cat that sits between you and the TV...." I never even noticed him until I left the shot. Too funny...

Nice shots Ken. Let's plan a morning dive down here sometime soon.

Terry

Wow, really nice shots....

Nice shots Ken. Let's plan a morning dive down here sometime soon.

Terry

If I can get some of the Terry FakeyThona's and those illusive Lion Nudis...

---
Ken

Awesome shots and it sounds like great conditions. I'm sorry I missed it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom