Wrist or console

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dive computers will not let you start a dive they cannot complete, battery wise.

(also, backup compass?)
I'm just getting back to this thread but this seems odd to me. How the hell does the computer know how long the dive is going to be? I've never seen a computer that did anything more than warn you that battery life is not full. Granted, my experience of different computers is fairly limited.

Aren't there models of computers that can be mounted in both places? I seem to remember seeing some that you could use on your wrist with a wrist strap made to mount it. This is the probable route for me. I will buy one with a SPG in a console. Then, get the wrist mount and try it out there also. If I like it on the wirst, I will replace the spot on the console with a compass.

Something like this:
Wrist Mount Boot Style

Anyone have any experience with these?

So once you take the spg out of the console, how is the console functional?

Talking about removing the computer and placing it in a wrist boot. Either way he's buying 2 boots :idk:. fjp, if you are going to run a SPG without a console, you want a brass and glass one. The spg's that come with consoles, are usually plastic.

Back
Top Bottom