Wrongful Death Suit re: Diver Death

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The thread was almost dead. Hopefully, it goes back to being that way.

It's over he's free!

He was convicted by the court in the BVI, the conviction was overturned on a technicality.

He was convicted by the court in the BVI, the conviction was overturned on a technicality.

The technicality being he didn't get a fair trial. Big deal, why should the gulity get a fair trial, right Thal?

The technicality lets him out on the street, it does not mean that he was innocent or that with out the error he'd have been acquitted. While the judge made some mistakes, and that is truly a shame, he was pretty clearly gulity as sin. In my view a fair trial would have put him away for life.

The technicality lets him out on the street, it does not mean that he was innocent or that with out the error he'd have been acquitted. While the judge made some mistakes, and that is truly a shame, he was pretty clearly gulity as sin. In my view a fair trial would have put him away for life.

This is why we have a jury system and lawyers so one man with an opinion can't railroad somebody.

Like I said, better that nine guilty men go free than one innocent man go to jail. It appears to me that one guilty men just went free.

Like I said, better that nine guilty men go free than one innocent man go to jail. It appears to me that one guilty men just went free.

So the systems works just slowly. Your opinon like mine doesn't matter, only the judge's matters and apparently the judge doesn't think it''s possible for Swain to get a fair trial.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom