WWGuy goes to Bonaire... Again. (A lazy diver's trip report)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What dive site is that with the Chain? I don't think I've ever noticed it...guessing it's one of the northern sites?

Luckily I've found frogfish the last two trips to Bonaire (August 14', March 14') Finally found a seahorse on my own too on Pink Beach (also had the pod of dolphins with us on that dive).

Great Videos!!! Keep them coming!

Hey Guy!! You are too giving during this christmas season!!
FYI: I thought there were only plastic seahorses!!, ho ho ho
Now what in my wondering eyes should appear ..........a swimming yellow frogfish with eyes so dear!!
Wow, and it wasnt plastic!!! Okay, it was an underwater drone frogfish!! hahahhahah
Great video! The water is so clear!!

Roger, I aspire to be the videographer you are. That is some great stuff.

In spite of my shortcomings I have my very own video proof of frog fishes and seahorses. So take that.

However, the green flash, dolphins, and mermaids still elude me, and thus remain as myths.

I trust you are diligently looking for the green flash from the terrace each day? And no, peering thru a greenie bottle doesn't count.

What dive site is that with the Chain? I don't think I've ever noticed it...guessing it's one of the northern sites?

It's the southern buoy chain for the Curoil and WEB water plant fuel ships. Basically the northernmost practical end of The Cliff dive site for folks looking for the end of the rainbow.

I trust you are diligently looking for the green flash from the terrace each day? And no, peering thru a greenie bottle doesn't count.

What's in those green bottles anyway? I'm a Polar fan, with occasional slip towards an Amstel Bright or two.

Hey Guy!! You are too giving during this christmas season!!
FYI: I thought there were only plastic seahorses!!, ho ho ho
Now what in my wondering eyes should appear ..........a swimming yellow frogfish with eyes so dear!!
Wow, and it wasnt plastic!!! Okay, it was an underwater drone frogfish!! hahahhahah
Great video! The water is so clear!!

Thanks Dee! Santa liked your poem and asked me to share these reindeer photos with you!

I found these fellas waiting for Santa's sleigh yesterday..

Seahorse2.jpg

I took this one of Rudolph today, through my super-awesome Dutch underwater magnifying glass.

Seahorse1.jpg

Merry Christmas!

GREEN Flash!!!! There was a special on the Weather Channel in USA about the mythical green flash... two days ago.
I always thought it was some spectacular GREEN FLAIR,,, so when I saw it from Richards as just a poof of green I thought
nawwwwwwwww, that cannt be it,, but according to the experts and data, that is exactly what it is... ( so I HAVE seen the green flash!! and NOW a Frog fish thanks to Guy!!!!)
just a poof of green and you cannot keep looking at the sun to see it otherwise it gets distorted somehow.
Really great documentary on the "green flash"... there is also a flash after the flash, but you have to watch for it, but it is rare.

---------- Post added December 20th, 2014 at 12:01 AM ----------

GUY,, you really know how to make a girl happy ,, who said Diamonds are a girls best friend!!!
Rudolph the little Seahorse shied away from sandy games, Rudolph with your nose so bright, wont you guide my coral tonight, then all the fish just loved him...
as they shouted out with glee,, Rudolph the little seahorse you'll go down in history.
Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays and everything else you may want to celebrate this season.
I love this, thank you for my presents!!
Cheers to you and yours!!

I bet you're glad BCV has TV...

Otherwise you'd be missing this, and I'm sure you would want to abort the afternoons diving to watch:

logo_FIP-print.gif

IdahoPotatoBowl.gif
spacer.gif

Fan Info | Famous Idaho Potato Bowl

And just so you know how enjoyable it will be for the attendees:

Boise, ID

• Today
    Occasional rain Hi 44°
    RealFeel 39°
  • Tonight
    Clouds, showers Lo 38°
    RealFeel 30°

Otherwise you'd be missing this, and I'm sure you would want to abort the afternoons diving to watch:

View attachment 199552

View attachment 199551
spacer.gif

Fan Info | Famous Idaho Potato Bowl

And just so you know how enjoyable it will be for the attendees:

Boise, ID

• Today
    Occasional rain Hi 44°
    RealFeel 39°
  • Tonight
    Clouds, showers Lo 38°
    RealFeel 30°

That's the bowl game played in our local team's stadium, but I couldn't tell you what teams are playing in it. Our boys are playing Arizona in the Fiesta Bowl in Phoenix this year. :D

That's the bowl game played in our local team's stadium, but I couldn't tell you what teams are playing in it. Our boys are playing Arizona in the Fiesta Bowl in Phoenix this year. :D

Air Force vs. Western Michigan - Don't miss it or you'll regret it. :wink:

Really, one more dive - or a few beers on the terrace - can't be more important than that...

I came across this little guy today at Aquarius. I'm thinking that maybe I should buy a lottery ticket as soon as I get home.

Sorry about the image quality, it's just a screen capture from GoPro footage. No time to edit properly yet.

frogfish2.jpg

frogfish3.jpg

Reactions: gbf

Back
Top Bottom