WWGuy goes to Bonaire... Again. (A lazy diver's trip report)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Okay,, GUY!!! Next year when you are planning a trip to Bonaire, let me know... you are the best frog fish finder I have ever known.
or in Santas words... Won't you be my guide............ to the frog fish????? Ho HO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

We were there the last week too and saw octopi, cow-nosed Ray, lots of turtles, all different types of Morays, even one the size of a pencil. Not every site is full but there is a lot of life. The Lionfish are down to a minimum. Great diving with you...

Here are a couple of quick highlights from today's dives. Seahorse count this trip is 4 now, which is probably a new record for me.

Seahorse3.jpg

turtle3.jpg

Here are a couple of quick highlights from today's dives. Seahorse count this trip is 4 now, which is probably a new

OMG, I cannt believe this , this is the first year we havent been in 3 years!!! over this period of time.

I am so happy for you guys, and I am even happier that you are sharing your perfect pictures!! WOW this is the best I have ever seen for this time of year.
oh ......ohhhhhhhhhhhh.... " Its the most wonderful time of the year......... Okay guys, i wont go into my christmas lyrics..... but ... its tempting!!!! HO HO HO

I know several of you are Beachcomber Villa regulars like us and enjoy the warm hospitality and friendly company of BCV hosts Tim & Leanne. Yesterday was Leanne's birthday, and for the second year in a row I enjoyed sharing her annual celebratory birthday dive. Unfortunately Mrs. WWGuy is recovering from an unwelcome mid-trip cold and didn't get to join us on the dive.

Here's the video, for those that need a quick Leanne sunshine fix before their next Bonaire trip. The weather was overcast and it was exceptionally windy, even by Bonairean standards, so the ambient light and visibility were both somewhat reduced. But we managed to have a great dive anyway! :fish::goldfish:

[video=youtube;FOTlIrG8BF0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOTlIrG8BF0[/video]

And here's a bonus rerun of last year's Leanne birthday dive:

[video=youtube;H0D9pYc8S-Q]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0D9pYc8S-Q[/video]

Dang, man.

Happy birthday, Leanne.

FLIGHT DL 665
Sat, 20 Jun 2015
178 days from departure
ATL ► BON ON TIME
Depart:
9:45 AM
Arrive:
1:45 PM
Passenger Status: Confirmed

But who's counting?

I stumbled across this little guy this afternoon...

frogfish4.jpg

But who's counting?

I think that's 4 seahorses and 2 frogfish now. :D

Seriously though, Merry Christmas everyone! I hope Santa leaves a dive trip under your tree!

Hey, I think I know that guy:

View attachment 199913

I'm glad you had the chance to see it too. I'm amazed that it appears to have been on the same sponge since your August trip. I was hoping to show Leanne during our morning dive today, but no luck. Sometime in the past several days the sponge has been damaged, with a piece laying nearby, and the frogfish was nowhere to be found.

My guess is that an over-enthusiastic photographer with poor buoyancy skills grabbed a piece of the sponge while framing a macro shot. Could also have been an errant fin kick. Either way it was a vivid reminder why I don't share frogfish or seahorse locations with divers I don't know. I wish the dive shops would stop doing that too.

Just following up my previous post with a photo I took today of the damaged sponge.

vlcsnap-00001.jpg

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom