xDeep BLACK - bottom timer / computer features. Sold beginning Friday, July 26th !

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Does the BT show temperature?

---------- Post added July 23rd, 2013 at 12:48 PM ----------

And any screen shots for the EANx and Trimix? I would like to see the presentation of data. Thanks.

yes, it does show the temp,

Looks great, too bad the software upgrade prices makes it more expensive than options already available and tried & tested!

I am curious what OLED PDC are in these ranges. I checked and here is what I found out comparing OLED PDC's (Liquidation and Shearwater). From my research the base unit is rather close to the Xen and as you start to step up to Air/Nitrox and then Trimix the price gap widens. If the BT Black comes with battery, charging cable, PC interface cable in the price, then the savings on the BT edge it even more upwards towards costing less. Remember, you can't compare the XDeep Black BT and Xen BT to normal bottom timers since it incorporates OLED technology and it's like comparing apples and oranges.

Not saying the Black is better than either the Shearwater or Liquidvision products, but it definitely comes in for less. I also included the Diverrite Nitek Q even though its not the same since the Nitek Q only utilizes a monochrome yellow display and is not color like the others are.

BT:
Xen $499 unit/$624 for kit
Shearwater NO BT
XDEEP Black $429

Air/Nitrox
Kaon $825
Xeo $999 unit/1159 kit
Petral $950 for basic/$1500 OC/CC EXT
DR Niteq Q $600 Base/$700 Compass/$800 Logbook + Gradients
BT Black $629

Trimix
X1 1399
Predator $1150 OC Standalone/1350 OC/CC Standalone/1850 OC/CC EXT
Diverite Nitek Q $800 Base/$900 Compass/$1000 Logbook + Gradient/
XDeep Black $829

Petrel trimix oc+cc for 950$
Black trimix oc only for 829$

Seeing that you pay between 180$ to 200$ for each upgrade on the black, it's realistic to assume the cc upgrade will be 180$ minimum. This computer then ends up with a price tag of more than 1000$...

That puts it in line with the OSTC3.

But price is not everything:
Happy beta testing!

Air/Nitrox
Kaon $825
Xeo $999 unit/1159 kit
Petral $950 for basic/$1500 OC/CC EXT
DR Niteq Q $600 Base/$700 Compass/$800 Logbook + Gradients
BT Black $629

Trimix
X1 1399
Predator $1150 OC Standalone/1350 OC/CC Standalone/1850 OC/CC EXT
Diverite Nitek Q $800 Base/$900 Compass/$1000 Logbook + Gradient/
XDeep Black $829

The Shearwater Petrel has both a Gauge Mode and comes Trimix enabled for $950. It also supports fixed set point closed circuit diving, which this computer does not. I'd be willing to give one a try but it's overpriced by ~15-20% given the proven alternatives on the market.

If the BT Black comes with battery, charging cable, PC interface cable in the price, then the savings on the BT edge it even more upwards towards costing less ...

yes, the BLACK - computing unit comes with data transfer wire and adapter that allows it to be charged from any simple micro USB cell phone charger

---------- Post added July 23rd, 2013 at 12:37 PM ----------

... But price is not everything:
Happy beta testing!

We have tested BLACK over last year, unit was used during many projects in Mexico i.e. the Pit exploration which reaches hundreds of meters

The Shearwater Petrel has both a Gauge Mode and comes Trimix enabled for $950. It also supports fixed set point closed circuit diving, which this computer does not. I'd be willing to give one a try but it's overpriced by ~15-20% given the proven alternatives on the market.

And the xDeep is $799 for Trimix enabled. And since I have no clue what fixed set point CC diving is so how can I value it? If it's the Fischer connection then your $950 PDC is really the $1500 one.

I am looking for a Nitrox PDC, and love the look of OLEDs. I have no use for CCR at all. Trimix is something I want to do but can't afford. Something xDeep allows me to do is buy what I need now and firmware update it to do more later if I so choose. I don't see how it can be smart to pay $300 extra for features you will probably never use, but hey. That's just me.

And the xDeep is $799 for Trimix enabled. And since I have no clue what fixed set point CC diving is so how can I value it? If it's the Fischer connection then your $950 PDC is really the $1500 one.

It is not, the Fischer connection is for live ppo2 monitoring connected to an o2 cell reading what is actually in your loop. The fixed set point is so that you can use it as back up on rebreather and bases it's calculations on a fixed set point that you enter on it. For example I run my CCR at a set point of 1.2, if I have an electronics failure I can bailout to OC and follow a plan on my fixed set point enabled computer because it will have been able to accurately track my dive to that point. As for the "I have no use for CCR so I don't care" point of view, many others do and that's why they are commenting and making the comparisons to other computers in similar price points that do have that feature. And for what it's worth everyone thinks that until they go CCR and then wish they had bought some upgraded gear.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom