Xerotherm composition?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Floater,
There is no indication of the info you seek on the Xerotherms themselves I got rid of the packaging years ago and my buddy has my spare set.

I'm not sure what the Arctics use either and you probably don't know of the rumour that 4th Element are working on a replacement for the Arctics but it's hush hush at the moment.

The Arctics can be worn alone or with the base layer underneath - but heh what do I know I've only been using them for a few years.

dbulmer:
Floater,
There is no indication of the info you seek on the Xerotherms themselves I got rid of the packaging years ago and my buddy has my spare set.

I guess it's a secret. I just wanted to know if the xerotherms were basically the same stuff that most other polartec superstretch base layers were made of (which cost only half as much or less), but it looks like there's no way to find out.

Yeah I can appreciate that - it is expensive stuff but it's worth it. BTW you can use it under 3mm wetsuits this is why I know a pound or 2 of extra weight is ok. I've only done 2 dives in a wetsuit in the UK - with a 3mm wetsuit and Xerotherm in the summer in 20C (I don't have a 5mm suit). I don't think the packaging has much on it either BTW.

Sorry if I came across stroppy - I'm having a bad day and I was shocked at a thread I was reading (not this one I hasten to add) !

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom