XL F1 yellow tips will they ever be available again?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bhtmec2

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Question? When if ever will the XL yellow tips be available?

Well yesterday I received another backorder (#4 = four months) e-mail from scuba.com politely telling me that I have to wait another month. The first month they actually called and offered me normal F1's and I told them I had a pair and wanted the yellow tips for identification. I love my F1's but I want what I ordered.
Here is the canned e-mail that just keeps pushing the date every 30 days

Dear Diver,

We are holding your order number 7488713 for this item "Hollis F1 ´´Bat Fin´´ Adjustable Spring Strap Dive Fins Black/Yellow Mens 10-12 (XLarge)", which has been back-ordered from the manufacturer until 11/8/2011 and we expect to be able to ship the same day.

There is no reason to contact us unless you need your order before your new delivery date which will be on your door no later than 11/15/2011.

If you then have further questions please contact one of our Certified Scuba Instructors at 800.34SCUBA or info@scuba.com

Very Best Wishes and Happy Diving,
The team at Scuba.com
800-34-SCUBA
info@scuba.com

What I would like to know is a real date?:confused: I can not get a real answer from scuba.com

Please advise what is reality.

For the people that will want to jump on and defend Hollis you do not need to post as I am a Hollis fan except for the supply issue.

PS: I have asked about this in PM with no answer for some time.:popcorn:

Bhtmec,

Thanks for the post. There has been an obvious delay in our yellow tip fins as these were originally a limited production. They are now a normal production item and as of November 5th will be in stock in all sizes. This makes the date given from Scuba.com accurate. Should there be any changes, we will let you know here as well.

Best Regards,

My guess is you will not get them untill after the 1st of the year. This happens every year with manufatuers, they run out and don't get new shippments until Jan or Feb so I would say you will not see them until Mid Jan at the earliest. More likely Feb or March, I would sugest you get your money back and go to your LDS and see if they have them.

I am not a Hollis dealer but I do have some of their stuff. Including the prototypes of both F-1 fins. I was one of the original comsumer testers for the F-1 and when the prototype yellow tips came out I was sent a pair of them to evaluate as well. What does this have to do with the Nov 5th date? Simple, having dealt with Nick for a few years now I can say that if he says they will be available on a certain date they will be. And if Bhtmec2 had a shop that would or was able to get the things he wants I'm sure he would give them the chance. I know what he's dealing with as he also buys from me.

Thanks Nick

Now I know a real date instead of Scuba.com moving it 20-30 days at a time for months. I am a very patient person, just do not string me on.

Jim is spot on and knows the problems down here. Guess what I will be ordering something next week Jim...... Got to get another rig finished.:wink: Yes I am supporting a LDS from Long distance.........:D

If you want them faster than that, at least a few weeks ago, Tacoma Scuba had two pairs in the shop.

Thanks. If I did not have a date from Nick I would jump on it. I am going to trust him and just go with who I already paid. Hope it does not bite me in the A#~

Just updated from scuba.com with a 15 Nov 11 ship date. Hope this is on tgt.
Looking forward to the better ID in the water.....

Nick

Did the fins get shipped to Scuba.com? I just got another they are delayed again. Last word I got was 5nov11 was your ship date. I need to know if they are just stringing me along. Please advise. If you have shipped please tell me who has them and I will CXL with them and make a new order. This is just stupid with all the emails from them.
Thanks.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom