Xmas sea temp

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubaNYC16

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Heading down to Little Cayman on December 20th. What water temps should I expect? Anyone been around the same time last year?

Thanks!

It usually runs between 80 and 82. Been doing that time for over ten years.

Leaving the 22nd this year.

Where are you staying?

Enjoy.

Little Cayman Beach Resort. Been twice over summer, first time this time of the year.

Looks like it’s going to be pretty windy for a few days. Anyone know what direction of the wind makes it a problem for boats to get around to Bloody Bay?

If the wind and waves are from the south and it is really rough, the boats can't get through the cut.
If the wind and waves are from the north, you will be diving the south side of the island, which is pretty good diving. The wall is deeper and not as dramatic as the north and the fish might be a bit skittish, but still good diving.

Do you mean the cut getting out of the resort or around the island?

With ENE or NNE winds, you usually do not go to the North Side. Some East winds prohibit going around as well.

This time of year the winds are generally East , ENE or NNE.

Problems getting out of the cut are usually related to strong South or SE winds.

Do you mean the cut getting out of the resort or around the island?
The cut in the barrier reef near the resort. Shallow water so if very rough there is a risk of grounding. Once the boats are beyond the reef those big Newtons can handle about anything. If the wind is from the south it would be flat calm at Bloody Bay on the north side.

Yeah I’ve been before, I remember it being a little sketchy getting in and out when it’s very windy.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom