Little Cayman Tap Water

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cleung

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Usually whenever I venture south of Canada/USA, I never drink the tap water whether in Caribbean, Central America or South America. I'm diving at Little Cayman this May and staying at Paradise Villas which claims they make their own water via osmosis so their tap water is suppose to be safe to drink.

What has been the experience with folks staying at any of the Little Cayman resorts in regards to their tap water?

My girlfriend and I have been to LC, staying at Southern Cross, for a week each of the last three years. We drank the tap water on each trip; neither of us have had any intestinal issues.

Though I can't say whether others in our travel group or other guests in general drink the tap water, I've never heard anyone mention any intestinal issues.

Little Cayman tap water is perfectly safe. It's probably better than the tap water here in the Keys.

I’ve been to Little Cayman Beach Resort 6 times over the last 14 years. Always drank the tap water and never had a problem. The restaurant and dive boats all use the tap water for drinking.

Thanks for all your replies. Looks like Little Cayman is a welcomed exception in regards to tap water safety in the tropics.
Bonaire also has clean tap water.

I have stayed at Paradise Villas many times. Water is perfect - they make their own RO water. No worries. Same with all the other resorts too.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom