Question XP Air depth gauge gone bad - repair advice?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jblock

New
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I've had my Scubapro XP Air computer for a few years now and the depth gauge has finally gone.. started out showing ~1m difference from my wrist computer and recently turned into a mix of "altitude error" lockups when I power on or wildly inaccurate readings saying I'm 5m deep while on the surface, surface when I'm actually 5m deep, or 40m when I'm only at 15. (Yes, I have my wrist computer for deco so was only using the this as an spg when it started frizzing out.)

It's nice to have a backup computer, and I'm the type who hates to trash things without a good try at repair (electromechanical engineer turned divemaster here..) Anyone have experience with the guts of these? Low risk as I'd absolutely be taking it out as a secondary if I do get it running again but figured it's worth a shot.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom