XS Scuba 3/2 Pyrostretch??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

itch808

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I've seen it mentioned only a little here, but was wondering how it stacks up to other "flexible" suits like Henderson's hyperstretch, etc.

I've read that the Hyperstretch type material tends to make the suit a bit cooler than normal neoprene suits. Currently I'm using a hand-me-down 3mm fullsuit (no rips or tears, but a bunch of creases here and there) that doesn't fit me the best (too small). Diving in 78F waters of Hawaii I tend to get a bit cold on my 2nd dive. Assuming the 3/2 pyrostretch fits me better, would it at least keep me as warm as my current suit? Or should I be looking at something thicker?

For me it would be enough, but people feel cold very differently. I currently have an ancient 3/2 Bodyglove that i bought used & I'm fine in that down to 68.

I just bought a 7mm Pyrostretch, will get it wet sunday. They seem to be very well made suits.

Take it from me,, GREAT SUIT. I own Scuba Pro suits, Tilos suits, Henderson, Neosport, and O'Neal as well as XS Scuba. The XS is most comfortable, fits best and my favorite. The only problem is I have a 3/2 and hardly ever wear anything that heavy. But you can bet if and when they make a .5 or 1mm, I am buying em.
And, I will mention that the XS suit is reasonably priced too. NO where near that $275 for the hyperstretch. And 3/2 should be plenty for 78 F water. But then again, everyone is different and while some where a shorty for 78, others wear a 5mm. XS does make a 5mm though, I know that much.

I believe they have a 7mm

Just ordered the XS pyrostretch 3/2...had tried on the Henderson & Bare suits, and wanted to give the XS a try. It fits like a glove, and has features (glide skin at neck, sleves & feet) that impressed me more than the Henderson Hyerstretch. Love the XS so far----and it was more than half the price of the Henderson.

Hey Cdiver:
Thank you for your endorsement. A couple of years ago we purchased Parkway Scuba. We did it primarily for the PyroStretch wetsuit patterns and designs. Parkway put a lot of time and effort into creating great fitting wetsuits. We have our wetsuits manufactured in the same factory with the same quality neoprene as many of the "big guys." We just have the philosophy of taking less of your money.

Carribeandiver:
Take it from me,, GREAT SUIT. I own Scuba Pro suits, Tilos suits, Henderson, Neosport, and O'Neal as well as XS Scuba. The XS is most comfortable, fits best and my favorite. The only problem is I have a 3/2 and hardly ever wear anything that heavy. But you can bet if and when they make a .5 or 1mm, I am buying em.
And, I will mention that the XS suit is reasonably priced too. NO where near that $275 for the hyperstretch. And 3/2 should be plenty for 78 F water. But then again, everyone is different and while some where a shorty for 78, others wear a 5mm. XS does make a 5mm though, I know that much.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom