Yes you can dive on dreary looking weekends.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tessunderwater

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
The weekend started out kind of gloomy with overcast skies and a drizzle here or there in the way to the fl panhandle early Saturday. However we were not discouraged. Morrison Saturday morning was still blown out with all the rain that has come through so we did our back up at vortex. I don't have vortex at the top of my list but when I'm really desperate to get wet I will do it. Sunday morning was a welcome sight with sunny skies and 80 degrees!! Well it was on. My buddy an I decided to go with our original plan and rented a canoe to do cypress, as always it did not disappoint. Holmes creek was up in water level and not as clear but once you got closer to the spring that crystal blue water was in sight. The day was perfect except for the swarming Mosquitos on the ride back.....oh well. 😃 Oh and the 6 inch fresh water crawfish under one of the trees in the basin. Good stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will be working this weekend but I believe Gary with Gary's gulf divers has a spot on his boat on saturday.

You can't go diving in the rain!! You'll get all wet and catch a cold!

I was feeling the urge this past weekend too. Went off the NC coast into some poor vis 54 degree water. I loved it anyway.

My favorite dive ever was at Morrison when it was blown. Water was all the way up to the steps of the pavilion. We swam out and dropped down. There was zero viz for about 20 feet then it opened up to perfect visibility. It was like doing a night dive at noon. The bubbles would part the muck and would get rays if sun coming in. When I get home I will post some pics that I took. It was an amazing dive.

You can't go diving in the rain!! You'll get all wet and catch a cold!

I was feeling the urge this past weekend too. Went off the NC coast into some poor vis 54 degree water. I loved it anyway.

That is going into dry suit temps for me. I had 68 degree water, compared to the gulf and Atlantic right now it was like bath water. 😀

---------- Post added March 26th, 2013 at 10:17 PM ----------

My favorite dive ever was at Morrison when it was blown. Water was all the way up to the steps of the pavilion. We swam out and dropped down. There was zero viz for about 20 feet then it opened up to perfect visibility. It was like doing a night dive at noon. The bubbles would part the muck and would get rays if sun coming in. When I get home I will post some pics that I took. It was an amazing dive.

We were going to do Morrison and it was all tannic. The water level was about a foot off the steps to the pavilion. I'd like to see those pics.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom