Yoke 1st stage on manifolded doubles

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bombay High

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I use Poseidon DIN 1st stages on my manifolded doubles. The other day I tried putting a set of yoke Mares 1st stages on, and the thickness of the yoke prevented the 1st stage from engaging properly. Is this a common problem ? I use Thermo 3000 PSI valves and manifold.

Some yokes and valves heads don't play together. What I see is that the yoke valve will be a bit wider than others and you just can't get the regulator yoke onto it.

They are probably 300 Bar.

No. They are 3000 PSI

Some yokes and valves heads don't play together. What I see is that the yoke valve will be a bit wider than others and you just can't get the regulator yoke onto it.

I think thats it. The width of the yoke itself is wide enough that the 1st stage does not sit flat against the valve. It gets pushed at an angle.

Manifolds are either 200 BAR or 300 BAR. I have both and yokes will not fit on the 300 BAR. I just checked....:D. The 300 have deeper threads. A Din Plug will also sit too far in. What brand is the Manifold? I have XScuba and DiveRite. Just curious!

Manifolds are either 200 BAR or 300 BAR. I have both and yokes will not fit on the 300 BAR. I just checked....:D. The 300 have deeper threads. A Din Plug will also sit too far in. What brand is the Manifold? I have XScuba and DiveRite. Just curious!
I use XScuba 300 BAR (on my SM rig) and haven't had any problems using my yoke for singles diving. My first stage (yoke) is an Aeris Pro. I'm curious also. :idk:

Thermo Valves | Scuba Center | K-Valves, Pro Valves, H-Valves, Manifolds,...

Incidentally, without the manifold there is no problem fitting the yoke on a regular valve, because if you rotate it, it fits. With the manifold, that rotation is not possible.

Manifolds are either 200 BAR or 300 BAR. I !

3000 PSI converts roughly to 200 BAR. However. these are specifically labelled 3000 PSI

You cannot use yoke with 300 bar DIN manifolds as the DIN insert will sit way too deep due to the longer threads. I'd love to provide a picture, but my 300 bar tanks are at my LDS for service.

Yoke + DIN insert works fine for most 200/232 bar single valves, but not for all. I'd expect even more trouble with a manifold in the way than for single valves.

Please stop buying yoke regs and force dive operators to get proper valves. :cool2:

You cannot use yoke with 300 bar DIN manifolds as the DIN insert will sit way too deep due to the longer threads. I'd love to provide a picture, but my 300 bar tanks are at my LDS for service.

Yoke + DIN insert works fine for most 200/232 bar single valves, but not for all. I'd expect even more trouble with a manifold in the way than for single valves.

Please stop buying yoke regs and force dive operators to get proper valves. :cool2:

Louie,
I'm not sure you've understood. These are NOT 300 bar. They are 3000 PSI INT/DIN valves manifolded.
There is NO trouble with single valves as I can rotate the yoke to make it work, which is not a possibility with the manifold on.
Your last comment I don't understand the relevance of.

Back
Top Bottom