Yoke 1st stage on manifolded doubles

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Louie,
I'm not sure you've understood. These are NOT 300 bar. They are 3000 PSI INT/DIN valves manifolded.
There is NO trouble with single valves as I can rotate the yoke to make it work, which is not a possibility with the manifold on.
Your last comment I don't understand the relevance of.
Sure, I understand your problem. The comment regarding 300 bar valves was a reply to one of the other posters. My point is that yoke valves doesn't even work perfectly with all single valves, and much less so with manifolds blocking the possibility to rotate the yoke fitting.

1st 1.jpg1st stage.jpg1st2.jpg1st3.jpg1st4.jpg

I just got home from teaching OW, and I asked my boss your question. He indicated that some Euro valves are wider. But you indicate that you have thermos. Here is a Thermo manifold with a scubapro 1st stage attached. These are 200 Bar 3000 PSI in the pics. I tried it on 200 Bar 3442's I have on my HP 100s. Scubapro fits, but will not the deeper 300 BAR. When I spoke to the guys at Diverite a couple months ago, they indicated that they were not planning to sell 300 BAR anymore. It looks like XSCUBA is moving away from them as well.

Last edited:
Louie,
I'm not sure you've understood. These are NOT 300 bar. They are 3000 PSI INT/DIN valves manifolded.

The 3000 psi sticker refers to the service pressure of the burst disk on the valve not the type of valve it is. Both the 200 and 300 BAR DIN valves can be had in 3000 psi service pressure.

Stand Alone Valves

No. They are 3000 PSI

I think thats it. The width of the yoke itself is wide enough that the 1st stage does not sit flat against the valve. It gets pushed at an angle.

If you are coming to the docks, bring them into the workshop. We can take the yoke off and grind it down. Its probably only 1 or 2 mm that needs to go.

View attachment 102747View attachment 102748View attachment 102749View attachment 102750View attachment 102751

I just got home from teaching OW, and I asked my boss your question. He indicated that some Euro valves are wider. But you indicate that you have thermos. Here is a Thermo manifold with a scubapro 1st stage attached. These are 200 Bar 3000 PSI in the pics. I tried it on 200 Bar 3442's I have on my HP 100s. Scubapro fits, but will not the deeper 300 BAR. When I spoke to the guys at Diverite a couple months ago, they indicated that they were not planning to sell 300 BAR anymore. It looks like XSCUBA is moving away from them as well.

Deepair,
thats exactly the same configuration as in your pictures. The difference is that the yoke on the mares is wider, top to bottom on the width as it is fitted. I just tried my Scubapro MK17 and that fits with yoke, but its snug.

Sat diver - I will be coming to the harbour to return some gear. The grinding would solve the issue, but these are not my regs. Not sure Rockwater would be happy if I returned their regs after grinding them down :D

I've seen some regulators that have a slight adjustment in the yoke. If you spin the yoke fitting on the regulator, some will move back and forth and allow more space between the o-ring sealing surface and the main clamping bolt.

Not sealing is a common problem. DIN tanks with inserts to work on the ancient a-clamp style regs often have issues sealing. Its a combination of the valve thickness itself, the insert used and the first stages. Not uncommon here for people with a-clamp regs to try 4 or 5 inserts on 3 or 4 different tanks before finding one that seals relatively well.

Is that a Scubapro hammer ???

Problem solved. Used Scubapro and returned the Mares.
- Sat Diver I told K at Rockwater about your offer to grind his regs down. He says he owes you enough money, that it could be adjusted :)

Back
Top Bottom