You get what you pay for.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

almitywife:
You couldn't really get a picture of it, the shadow from the cloth hid what was happening with the neoprene from the camera. You could see it but the camera couldn't. It was bizarre.

EDIT:
This is the best pic I have of it, the neoprene split is plainly visible to me to the right of the zipper but I saw it in person too.
Ber :lilbunny:

I see it. Man that is strange...

I had the same problem, same brand, near a zipper, but they replaced it no problems and I haven't had a problem with the new suit.

Call them first and send them the photo, they told me that they didn't want it back, they would just toss it and just sent me a replacement. I repaired mine with aquaseal and use it as a loaner...

Mike

I had the same problem with some cheap boots (Saeko was the brand name, I think) I bought in Thailand. However, I didn't dive them until I got back to Japan. I ended up cutting the fabric, putting glue in the tear, and sewing it shut. It looks like crap but it worked. They will do until my new Tusa boots get here this weekend.

Then again, I doubt that would for a wet suit at all. I hope they replace it for you with one that isn't complete crap.

I have just emailed the supplier back and forth. It seems that they do not replace suits after 6 dives and he cannot see the tear in the pic I sent him. He wanted me to disclose were I was posting and who told me they might just replace it. I told him to just forget it as it was not worth the bother.

The last email was in ALL CAPS explaining his dismay that this may have happened to anyone else.

scubaaron2003:
I have just emailed the supplier back and forth. It seems that they do not replace suits after 6 dives and he cannot see the tear in the pic I sent him. He wanted me to disclose were I was posting and who told me they might just replace it. I told him to just forget it as it was not worth the bother.

The last email was in ALL CAPS explaining his dismay that this may have happened to anyone else.

I can understand him.. If I was in his shoes I would want the suit back so I could determine what went wrong .. I spent a lot of time selling bicycles and the number to things that broke while "just riding along" was staggering. You say that he is expressing his dismay that this may have happened to someone else. That is all to his credit but I'm not sure of one thing ... is he refusing to replace it at all, or is he refusing to replace it without first getting a chance to examine it?

What he should do is ask for it to be returned for waranty inspection.. if he wants to be really nice he could credit your end of the shipping ..

If all else is as you describe I would expect warranty... but not sight unseen.

Telling him where you're posting will give him a chance to come and present his side in his words. I've seen the suit, it shouldn't be doing that after one weekend of diving. I can't be a neutral observer however I do believe he deserves to get a chance to point out why my belief is wrong.
Ber :lilbunny:

I just talked to the owner on the phone and he is going to make good on the suit. There was just some miscommunication. I will use the supplier in the future for other purchases.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom