You know you're a diver ADDICT when....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

... when your GF catches you manually inflating your BC while showering in the morning. Just doesn't feel right otherwise...

... when you replace your GF's wallet picture with your laminated OW Temp and DAN Card

... "In case of an emergency evacuation, leave all carry-on luggage on the aircraft " ... the dive bag is coming with me lady one way or another ...

When you have a lunch meeting with your boss and she calls you to say its time to go to the lunch and u dont realize how the morning passed because u been reading these posts.
when you are not even certified and planning your next trip around diving. (Bermuda here i come) obviously after i get certified.
when I have to change my breaks on the car and trying to think. damn, that could have paid for my pool dives and my cert. dives.

Not sure if this counts but when im out running my MP3 player has a very long/too long earphone lead. Last night i caught myself hog-looping it to tidy up the wire and it seems ive been doing this for weeks without realising.

Hey SCUBA IS my therapy!

The story of my addiction:

During my honeymoon in Mexico, a man dressed all in black approached me at the swim-up bar at our hotel.

"How would you like to try this?" he asks, showing me his "stuff". "The first one is free."

Well, after a 3 day binge that cost me $450, I have my OW certification.

Fortunately, my wife forgave me :((after a not so small silver shopping spree!)

Apparently not realizing the extent of my addiction, she let me book our next vacation to Cozumel. :rofl3: Silly woman. After 17 dives in 5 days, we barely spoke on the plane home. I swore never to do it again.:shakehead:

We are going to the Jersey Shore for the 4th of July with another couple. She doesn't know that the husband is also one of us. We've been quietly making dive inquiries.

I thought I heard her talking to the producers of "Intervention" the other night.

Oh the shame.

lol I love it! I am surprised you haven't hooked her in yet!

Sometimes when I was running on land and needed to stop quickly, I found myself back-fanning with my hands.

You'd rather have your girlfriend/boyfriend smell like neoprene than perfume/cologne...

I know i'm an addict. I'm looking forward to global warming and diving a submersed city!

I don't mean to insult, global warming is very serious..

But come on... it would be cool to dive a submersed city, like in "Waterworld" ???

I know i'm an addict. I'm looking forward to global warming and diving a submersed city!

I don't mean to insult, global warming is very serious..

But come on... it would be cool to dive a submersed city, like in "Waterworld" ???

This is something that I think about all the time so I am in the same place. I was driving down a tree covered road this weekend and thought how cool it would be to dive along the road looking around at the submerged (and petrified) trees lining the road.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom