You learn something every day.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
edneeves:
My old man always does bacon wrapped around banana on the BBQ. Its a bizzare one but works a treat.

Ed.

Ed. posted this over on a thread about shrimp.

Well I tried this idea out this week end. What a hit!!!

Everyone thought that I finally got nitrogen narcosis when I said BBQed bananas. But the snack went fast.

I used a pound of bacon. Cut it in half. 6 banana cut to the with of the bacon. Then I put them on a skewer. Also I sprinkled them with a little cinnamon.

Sounds good. I will have to try them.

Can you bake them or fry them on a stove top, because I do not have a BBQ grill readily available to me? I live in an apartment complex.

Bananas and cinnamon I can see but the bacon throws me. Guess we'll trust you on this one, Jerry, and have to try it!

What exactly is this recipe? Sound..umm..like a culinary cotastroffe, but I'm willing to give it a go...do you have to warry about flare-ups?

NorthernMelody:
What exactly is this recipe? Sound..umm..like a culinary cotastroffe, but I'm willing to give it a go...do you have to warry about flare-ups?

Basically the recipe is on the top of the page. Just cut the bananas to the same with as the bacon. Use a half piece of bacon for each piece of banana. I sprinkled my with cinamon.

Cook them on low on the top rack.

Cubans and other Central/South Americans have been serving fried plantains - a starchier, heavy banana like fruit (or is it a vegetable?) - for centuries. Often served with roast pork or grilled chicken.

Come on down to Ybor City and try some !

Back
Top Bottom