Your favorite G.Cayman shore dives?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jerrycsr

Contributor
Reaction score
The a.m. I do the boat dive but in the afternoon I like to do shore diving.

I've done the shore dive at Eden Rock/Devil's Grotto. Also the mini wall behind Spanish Bay Reef which was ok.

Tell me your very favorites, how to get there, where to park your rental car and other helpful information.

So far I'm thinking of trying:

Babylon
Bonnie's Arch
Turtle Wall or the Dive Tech shore dive
Cemetary Reef
Mermaid statue behind Sunset House

Does anyone know if Eagle Ray Pass can be done as a shore dive? I will have a DPV.

Recommend any shore dive or dives you like.

Thanks and cheers.

Just to the east of Sunset House - used to be called Casa Bertmar

The a.m. I do the boat dive but in the afternoon I like to do shore diving.

Bonnie's Arch
Dive Tech shore dive
Cemetary Reef
Mermaid statue behind Sunset House

Thanks and cheers.
Haven't been there in several years so this info is both obsolete (probably) and subjective (definitely). However...
I too liked to do the requisite AM boat wall/reef dive followed by several PM/dark air shore dives. Abanks shop just south of G'Town and Eden Rock Dive Centre, a stumble further south, are located at some beautiful reefs; "Eden Rock" (duh) and "Devil's Grotto." A half a click, +/-, further south brings you to the ever popular Sunset House. Dining by the sea, fresh water pool, beer between dives, all the comforts of home and a dive shop to boot. The Mermaid's there. Saw that sub on many dives. Kinda neat. Good place to stake out a table and spend an afternoon through an evening.
At the north end of SMB is the Cracked Conch By the Sea (where the Dive Tech shop was and maybe still is in addition to their resort). Nice entry, fantastic overhangs. Plus dining by the sea, beer between dives and maybe still a dive shop(?). Went to Cemetery and South Sound but never really found the sweet spot. Dove from Foster's old shop on the north edge of G'Town on some half-axed wreck. No big deal. Would like to try Bonnie's Arch/Turtle Farm area, just south of the Cracked Conch. And maybe the pier at Cobalt Beach Resort/Dive Tech.
(Having just spoken with my attorney I'm now adding that the previous beer comments are hereby revoked and to be considered null and void.)

Tell me your very favorites, how to get there, where to park your rental car and other helpful information.

The shore dive in front of Cobalt Coast is outstanding.

Does anyone know if Eagle Ray Pass can be done as a shore dive? I will have a DPV.

No way. Boat dive, it's well offshore.

Thanks for the input. everyone. If anyone wants to still chime in, I'd be interested in checking back and reading your comments.

There is still diving at the Cracked Conch...it isn't Dive Tech, but it is a great shore dive. The new Dive Tech location at Lighthouse Wall is a nice dive, even not going all the way out to the wall. And then as was already mentioned Cobalt Coast is a great dive.

Back
Top Bottom