Your favourite second stage and *why?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

1. G260
2. C370
3. T3

I wonder if there is a way to set this question up as a poll. It looks like G260 is ahead so far.

1. G260
2. C370
3. T3

I wonder if there is a way to set this question up as a poll. It looks like G260 is ahead so far.

Too many possibilities for poll I think. Not looking for what's considered the "best", more what regs people like and why.

Maybe useful for those new to diving.

Superb build quality, it is literally bulletproof. Super easy to tune, it has a large body which I find comfortable and it has a large diaphragm which I believe makes it breath smoother than other SP regs I tried. Also no tools needed to open it underwater if situation dictates.

Servicing it relatively easy, which I maybe lucky but all of mines well over required service interval but working like charm.

Addition to that I have little bit OCD so I have invested many of those so i am biased.

I know you don’t like the exhaust of G260 but perfection has achieved at the expense of bubbles getting stuck to your mask🤣

My regs are like having children (disclaimer - I only have one child). It is too hard (and not proper) to pick a favorite....

ScubaPro 109/156/G200b/G250 (many variants) - tuned right, just great breathers and simple

ScubaPro Pilot (converted)/Air1/D300/250/300/420 - amazing breathers

ScubaPro 108HP/R-series - robust simple, and can be tuned to be very good performers

My USD Double Hoses (updated with VDH components) - No bubbles in my face! They are good breathers if tuned and used correctly. And the "wow" factor from folks...

Poseidon Xstream - man do they provide air...

Argonaut Kraken - see above about other DH regs

ScubaPro s600 - nice compact and smooth.

I have a couple other seconds still untried (ScubaPro C-series) - likely to be appreciated

Tune them right, and you should like them all...

Superb build quality, it is literally bulletproof. Super easy to tune, it has a large body which I find comfortable and it has a large diaphragm which I believe makes it breath smoother than other SP regs I tried. Also no tools needed to open it underwater if situation dictates.

Servicing it relatively easy, which I maybe lucky but all of mines well over required service interval but working like charm.

Addition to that I have little bit OCD so I have invested many of those so i am biased.

I know you don’t like the exhaust of G260 but perfection has achieved at the expense of bubbles getting stuck to your mask🤣

Thanks for taking the time to elaborate. It's the "because" that has the greatest value.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom