Your input on a light weight bcd for travel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As much as it hurts me to recommend anything from the company, the Oxycheq Ultra Lite Travel Plate is a neat little gadget. It weighs 9.6 ounces, can be combined with a simple harness and any Oxycheq wing. The little plate retails for $48 from ScubaToys, and they also have the 18 lb wing that goes with it, and all of it comes in multiple colors. I tried one of these setups on at DEMA a few years ago, and was pleasantly surprised with it. The wing isn't cheap, though, at $272.

Express tech. No question. do.a search of.my posts to.find a link to the review I did on dailyscubadiving. You can also.google zeagle express tech review. It will be in the top five or so results.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

As much as it hurts me to recommend anything from the company, the Oxycheq Ultra Lite Travel Plate is a neat little gadget. It weighs 9.6 ounces, can be combined with a simple harness and any Oxycheq wing. The little plate retails for $48 from ScubaToys, and they also have the 18 lb wing that goes with it, and all of it comes in multiple colors. I tried one of these setups on at DEMA a few years ago, and was pleasantly surprised with it. The wing isn't cheap, though, at $272.

Yeah... it's expensive (the 18lb wing), but I've been really impressed with mine since I got it a few months ago. I don't like to spend a lot of cash on my kit, because it typically doesn't last me that long, but the little wing is reserved for my personal travel/fun dives, rather than working or the rougher wreck dives... so it seems worthwhile.

The Ultra-Lite plate lives mostly on my sidemount rig, but gets swapped onto the 18lb wing for travel. For me, travel consists of public buses, 'jeepneys' and ferries around the Philippines or backpacking style trips around Asia. Along with my Scubapro Mk35/S600 Ti regs, Lightweight ankle booties, mask, Force Fins and X-Shorts/Rash-Guard, it's a complete dive set-up that I can carry in hand-luggage for super-light travelling/diving. (If you've ever used public transport to get around in the Philippines, you can appreciate how essential a super-minimalist/lightweight set of kit is). For those travels, I also have a set of webbing without most of the 'metalware'.. all D-Rings removed except for low-profile (1") rings at the left chest and hip.

Check Out the SCUBAPRO GO!

Another plus for the Zeagle Express Tech

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom