Your Post-Cavern Gear Configuration

What was Your Post-Cavern Cave Class Configuration?

• Single-tank, mostly minimum equipment

Votes: 5 11.6%
  • Doubles, but not full cave equipment

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Full Cave equip (per agency req'mts)

Votes: 37 86.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It is seriously something to consider.

When I started my Intro to Tech course, I had no experience with doubles, dry suits, etc. The learning curve was extremely steep, and the experience was downright humiliating. I am extremely glad I had all of that well behind me before I started cave training.

Like Lowviz did, I've been diving my gear a year . . . Took sidemount Jan '11. However, I'm sure I'll find a "should have been better" in there somewhere.

Sorry. :) I couldn't think of how else to word it.

I did Tech and Full Cave in BM per Instructor request. I switched back to SM afterwards.

What did you do your Intro in?

What did you do your Intro in?

All of my Cave classes were BM AL72s. These were instructor provided. All of my Tech classes were BM AL80s. The Tech Instructor only teaches in BM.

All of my tanks sets whether AL 80, Faber LP 85, Faber LP108s, Faber LP 45s have Thermo valves. I have three or four isolators to turn any set back into BM if I need.

All of my Cave classes were BM AL72s. These were instructor provided. All of my Tech classes were BM AL80s. The Tech Instructor only teaches in BM.

All of my tanks sets whether AL 80, Faber LP 85, Faber LP108s, Faber LP 45s have Thermo valves. I have three or four isolators to turn any set back into BM if I need.

Ah, I get it, now. Seems like the instructors influence their students into doubles.

Ah, I get it, now. Seems like the instructors influence their students into doubles.

Well, i consider SM(side mount) doubles too. Some instructors teach in SM.

I did cavern in a single w/ H valve. Everything after that (to include NAUI Cave 1) was done in backmounted 104s.

Reactions: Jax
Well, i consider SM(side mount) doubles too.

Me, too.

I'm just noticing how many people went in to doubles PDQ after Cavern.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom