Your soundtrack

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jiveturkey:
I know that one. That's a great song. Also, "America" from your list is my fav S&G song.
It's my recent favourite. You kind of discover S&G after a while, it's wierd. You fi nd a song by them you really like, and then you find another, and then another. It's like they never stopped.

Sean:
Everlong is a great song. I like the lyrics the most in that one. "Breathe out, so I can breathe you in."

"Recently Played" on my Itunes:

Shake Ya Tail Feather - Nelly
Sous la ciel de Paris- Édith Piaf
Clint Eastwood- Gorillaz
Sweetness- Jimmy Eat World
Hands Down- Dashboard Confessional

ohh boy- this is interesting that there is so omuch Rush on these lists- I used to be SOOOOOO into Rush when I was a teen- very dodgey hippy in those days- permanent waves was my album de jour- brings back some memories :)

Nowadays we're talking:

Pulp
Franz Ferdinand
Stellastar
Catatonia
Punjabi MC
Asian Dub Foundation
Dragon Ash
Libertines
interpol.... you get the idea

although- recently on the oldies replay list, which is always popular

Thw Wonderstuff
Pop Will Eat Itself
Echo and the Bunnymen
The Smiths

I too love the franz ferdinand album.

jiveturkey:
Diver0001 with all those prog-rock bands, I'm surprised you don't have Tool on the list. You should give them a shot.

My list:

Thanks for the tip. As far as I know I've never heard of Tool. I'll definitely give them a listen.

R..

Wow, I love seeing The Rheostaics as someone's favorites. One of the most underated acts in the world. Anyhow here's my list (for today anyway).

BANDS
1.The Beatles - Never will be a band as great, a no brainer.
2. The Rolling Stones - The Greatest Rock N' Roll Band Of All Time
3. Pink Floyd - Is it true what they say about the wizard of oz
4. Led Zeppelin - Perhaps the most inovative guitarist of all-time
5. Bob Dylan - Greatest Songwriter of all time BAR NONE.
6. Eminem - Love him or hate him you still bounce your head to his beats
7. The Tea Party - Perhaps the most underated trio of all time.
8. Allman Brothers Band - Jam Masters
9. The Romones - Punk rock before there was such a thing as punk rock
10. Elvis - Not nicknamed the king for nothing.

My list of songs would be far too long to list and there is no way I could cut it down to ten so anything by any of the artists above, as well as I don't like Monday's by the Boomtown rats would do. My Ipod currently hold almost 8,000 songs. Hard to pick just ten.

I think Franz Ferdinand is somewhat of an aquired taste. I don't know... I like some songs by them, like 40', but not Take Me Out or the others. I am more of a Modest Mouse kind of person, but I barely like them too… Wierd, ain't it?

Eminem was once GREAT. He was once really up there in the rap industry. But with his new album, he just lost it. Lose It, was an overreach to get a laugh. It's stupid, there's nothing on the album that has much substance other than Mosh. Mosh was too little too late. Great song, great ideas, but a little to late to do anything.

Some more songs on my iTunes recently played list:

Shakira- Suerte. The Spanish version of the sone "Whenever, Wherever". She has a great voice, not to mention a great body…

Counting Crows- Raining in Baltimore. Thought this was pretty appropriate, since it's well, ok, snowing in Baltimore. Kind of melancholy, though...

Damien Rice- The Blower's Daughter. GREAT voice, meaningful lyrics, GREAT song.

Les Misérables- At the End of the Day. Ahhh... I love this one song.

N.O.R.E.- Oye Mi Canto. Catchy as I don't know what…

Flogging Molly- The Worst Day Since Yesterday. I really love this one band. I think they are soo experimental. They play punk with an Irish twist, with a banjo, a violin and a penny whistle. I think you all should give this band a look.

Eminem feat. Dr. Dre- Guilty Concience. Best song by Eminem.

Lynard Skynard- Sweet Home Alabama. Why not?

Flogginh Molly sounds good- I shall have to give them a search out to listen to them.

I can see that Franz Ferdinand might seem an aquired tatse- I listened to the album way to much and had to stop. I was very upset as they played near to my new town when I moved, but they were all sold out. Would have been a great gig to see- was a small venue and these guys rock the small places.

I forgot we were supposed to be picking individual songs- 10 is difficult- If I had to pick one it would be 'common people' by Pulp- just because it has great menaing for me and helped me understand life during a particularly bad spot.

so following on from that- what song would have particular meaning to you?

jiveturkey:
Diver0001 with all those prog-rock bands, I'm surprised you don't have Tool on the list. You should give them a shot.

I found some samples of Tool.... To me it sounds like a blender full of Sound Garden, Pearl Jam and some kind of driving but not obnoxious 80's style German Heavy Metal.

Close?

Does one of their albums stand out from the rest?

R..

Diver0001:
I found some samples of Tool.... To me it sounds like a blender full of Sound Garden, Pearl Jam and some kind of driving but not obnoxious 80's style German Heavy Metal.

Close?

Does one of their albums stand out from the rest?

R..
I would try Lateralus and then work your way back. That's the most recent album. Definitely a heavy band but not really like the 2 you mentioned.

Go here click on "vide" and check out the video for "Schism". Then, try here at the bottom right under "top 7 music videos" you'll find the video for Parabola which is very highly recommended. Make sure to double click the vid so you can make it full screen. While their music can seem dark they all deal with finding positive things out of life.

Take a look. I'm curious to hear what you think. I love turning people on to this band.

Back
Top Bottom