Your soundtrack

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ehh... I am going to a café tonight to study with some friends. I'll see if Record and Tape Traders is open tonight.

But then I'll import them onto iTunes... :D

REALLY stuck in the 70s!!!

Pink Floyd
Led Zep
James Taylor
Marshall Tucker Band
Alan Parsons Project (esp. Tales of Mystery and Imagination album)
Crosby, Stills and Nash
Doobie Brothers
Elton John
John Denver
Robin Trower
Steve Miller Band
Santana
Kansas
Ambrosia
Emerson, Lake and Palmer
Jackson Browne
Jeff Beck
Moody Blues
Tom Waits
Yes
Blue Oyster Cult
Steely Dan
Eagles
Queen
Styx

Non-70s...

Maná (Mexican 80s rock band, showed up on Supernatural with Carlos Santana)
Presuntos Implicados (Spanish pop group)
Randy Travis
Hank Williams (the REAL one, not the jr.)
Natalie Merchant
Enya
Clannad (Irish group)
Phil Collins
Peter Gabriel

And, on the lighter side...

Firesign Theater
Celestial Navigations
Weird Al

OK, so they wouldn't all be on the same CD...but you can find me listening to any of them at work on any given day.

And if you ever get a chance, try to find Recoil - Breath Control. It is very bizarre, and you can't stop listening to it...well, I can't anyways.

A few that come to mind:

Gary Moore ... Empty Rooms, Still Got the Blues, Military Man
Black Sabbath ... Megalomania, Fairies Wear Boots, Junior's Eyes
Megadeth ... Peace Sells, Tornado of Souls, Psychotron,
Metallica ... One, Leper Messiah, and Harvester of Sorrow
Queensrych ... Take Hold of the Flame, The Lady Wore Black, Operation: Mindcrime
Thin Lizzy ... Johnny the Fox (meets Jimmy the weed), Fool's Gold, Romeo and the Lonely Girl
The Scorpions ... I'm going mad, In Trance, Sun In My Hand
The Pink Floyd ... Remember a Day, See Emily Play, Lucifer Sam
Judas Priest .... Run of the Mill, Victim of Changes, Invader

Since I seem to understand psychoses (never had one that got control though), I like some of the bands that have lyrics that could be disturbing to most.

The Offspring is probably my favorite band. There albums include Conspiracy of One and Americana. Some of the titles include "I want you bad" (including lines such as "I want you, in a vinyl suit, I want you bad" and "Your one vice, is you're too nice") and "Special Delivery" (including lines such as "Down you street is where I stay, I know you better that way" and "The voices told me to blow you away") and "Damnit, I changed again". I really loved Fight Club, Falling Down, and Natural Born Killers, but I have never done anything more than speeding! Figure that out!

I also like some Black Sabbath (Paranoid, Iron Man are faves) and Guns and Roses.

Now for the eclectic variety. I like a lot of '80's stuff, being a teen of the '80's.

Garth Brooks
Fleetwood Mac
Older Madonna
The Outfield
The Bangles
Simon and Garfunkel
Classical, preferable Baroque with Trumpets and Flutes prominent
Timbukthree (Future's So Bright, I gotta wear shades)
The Beatles (Rock and Roll Music)
The Doors
The B-52's
U2
Garbage
No Doubt

I do like some rap, mostly '80's type rap (Baby got back!), but I am very picky about it.

Gabby Pahinui
Lynyrd Skynyrd
Ola Mauna
Bob Marley
BB King
Pretty much anything from all of them

Simon & Garfunkle
Paul Simon
Van Morrison
Blues Traveler
Baka Beyond
Most Classical music
Billy Joel
U2
Tom Petty
John Lee Hooker

These are the main ones, few other bands, but not all of their songs.

jiveturkey:
I would try Lateralus and then work your way back. That's the most recent album. Definitely a heavy band but not really like the 2 you mentioned.

Go here click on "vide" and check out the video for "Schism". Then, try here at the bottom right under "top 7 music videos" you'll find the video for Parabola which is very highly recommended. Make sure to double click the vid so you can make it full screen. While their music can seem dark they all deal with finding positive things out of life.

Take a look. I'm curious to hear what you think. I love turning people on to this band.

I ordered this album from the internet. It should be here next week. Thanks again for the tip.

R..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom