You're doing it WRONG

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gzscuba:
The nice thing is that the neoprene pad doesn't stick to your hair, and it also will float your mask.

A recent dive buddy was rinsing his out over the boat side with the fresh water hose and the pressure knocked it out of his hand.

His mask had one of these neoprene straps on it , and it sank too fast for him to jump in after it. I'm sure it provided a little bit of positive buoyancy, but not enough for the mask.

Walter:
"Except for backplate/harness systems buckles are not used on BCs anymore."

Not true. Many BC's now have cummerbunds, but buckles on nylon webbing is all I use on my vest style BC's. Cummerbunds create drag, I dive in current too often to wear a cummerbund.

I didn't really notice this, but it seems like newer BCs are going for a snap buckle as opposed to the older weight-belt style release. Once that transition is made, the main argument for this whole thread will become rather moot. It also seems like weight belts will become more relegated to OW training equipment and tech divers since many newer BCs are integrating the weights as well.

I only see the cummerbunds for comfortably snugging/gripping your body to keep the BC from moving around. My BC has a velcro cummerbund and an adjustable snap buckle for instance.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom