Zeagle BC magazine writeups/reviews?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bubba... you're in Zeagle Country here on ScubaBoard. :D

Actually, if you go to their web site and click on Zeagle News you can read about some magazines that have written about them. However, while they are best known for their BCs, it seems that their regulators get the lion share of media attention because they breathe so darn good! Go figure!

Not really true,Zeagles dont hold air.Ive owned a zeagle ranger for about a year and absolutly the best bc ive ever owned.Integrated weights and all.Fantastic bc!

drckw:
OK everyone, I've heard rumors that the Zeagle retains air - and I've had a devil of a time getting down now that I've changed from the ScubaPro jacket style to the Zeagle backplate. I love it for traveling, it's light. But I can't get all the air out of it. A friend of mine (where was he BEFORE I bought?) told me he's heard that the Zeagle traps air.

Anyone else with this issue?

I just came back from 5 days of diving with my brand new Stiletto. No issues with trapped air. This is the first back-inflate I've ever owned. It took about 30 seconds under the water for me to fall in love with this BC. It worked great!

tiburon72157:
If this brand of BC is supposed to be so good, how is it I've never seen any magazine writeups about them?

Why are they never included in magazine BC/equipment tests with other manufacturers?

There have been many reviews in Scuba Diving Magazine over the years, as well as some of the overseas magazines.

tiburon72157:
Does Zeagle choose not to send in gear to have it tested and evaluated?

Like the others said - we send in gear when it is requested. Often times, the magazines will ask for gear that has not been previously tested. They do not WANT to review the same gear over and over.

tiburon72157:
I've heard that the military uses Zeagle gear. Where is this documented?

The ANU list is the real documentation. If you are currently in the military, send me a PM and I will give you some other places you can confirm with...

tiburon72157:
How about some justification as to this company's advertising claims, clients and equipment quality standards.

Can you be more specific about "advertising claims"? Do a search for Zeagle on ScubaBoard and you will find numerous posts by and about "clients and equipment quality standards". Wouldn't you rather have input from end users, instead of magazine reviews anyway?

Thanks for the questions!

Scott

With just over 600 dives between my Zeagle Ranger and my Zeagle Escape, I've never had a problem with "trapped air" I have observed other people with "trapped air" problems in a variety of BCD's including Zeagle's. In every case this has been a failure in proper technique, not a problem with the BCD. Failing to hold the BCD dump valve towards the sky at it's full extension, ie no S curves and just because it's over your head does not mean it's the highest point of the BCD bladder when swimming horizontally. Failing to use the pull-dump's at shoulder or bottom when they are the highest point. every case of "trapped air" can be corrected with proper technique and practice. The zeagle BCD's are excellent performers. I'm considering buying my third, a Zeagle Brigade since I love the Ranger harness and like the bungied smaller wing of the escape for traveling to the tropics. My son can have my Escape, while I keep my Ranger for cold water/dry suit/PSD diving. PS My 50D Zeagle regulator works great too. Looking to buy a second one, probably a Flathead IV since I like the hose layout better than the Spiderweb. Found that with the DIN and drysuit hose there isn't much swivel left in the 50D

Just did my 1st dives on my new Brigade from Scubatoys.com. Love the design. Scubatoys was great, had the Brigade along with a couple of other toys in about 4 days. Everything was just as promised. Taking it to Florida on Sep 7th to do the Spiegel Grove and Dwayne.

Don't forget to mention your on scubaboard for the discount at scubatoys.com

Scubasw:
Just did my 1st dives on my new Brigade from Scubatoys.com. Love the design. Scubatoys was great, had the Brigade along with a couple of other toys in about 4 days. Everything was just as promised. Taking it to Florida on Sep 7th to do the Spiegel Grove and Dwayne.

Don't forget to mention your on scubaboard for the discount at scubatoys.com

Now there is a nice ScubaToys testimonial. Steve bought his Zeagle not from his store but from ScubaToys! I know some LDS that would fire you for something like that:shakehead

Steve I used to live in Havre de Grace until I got fed up with cold water diving. I hope you have a nice trip to the Keys. I will be there 2 weeks after you.

Just to clarify. I do support the LDS that I teach for. I teach pool sessions in a Zeagle Ezcape and do Open Water checkouts in a Zeagle Ranger, both bought from my LDS. My shop is primarily a recreational shop. We don't teach Tech or carry "tech" gear. Does this mean I can't go "tech" if I choose. The Brigade BCD was bought just for me on my vacations and personal diving when my son is using my Escape. I love the combination of the Ranger harness and Escape wing, and since Scubatoys is the only place you can get that combo from, there you are. yeah I could have bought another Ranger and then ordered an Escape wing and put them together myself through my LDS at a greater cost, even getting it with my "Instructor discount", but why bother when Larry has already done it for me.

Start Soapbox:light:
Your Local Dive Shop is the place for learning how to dive. I have yet to see how pool sessons and checkout dives would work over the Internet. They are also the place for new divers to get the help and guidance they need when getting that first set of dive gear. We give our customers lifetime free use of our indoor on-site training pool to practice in. Hard to do that over the internet. However no shop can have it all. With over 10 years experience and 700+ dives I knew what I wanted in my next BCD and I got it. Will I guide my students towards Zeagle products in my LDS? Damn right I will because I believe in their product and without my LDS, I don't have a place to teach. Will I sometimes go outside my LDS for personal gear that they don't carry? Sure I will. If the Brigade BCD had been available from my LDS, I would have bought it there, but it wasn't.
End Soapbox:shakehead

Otherwise, Customer Service from Scubatoys was excellent and as long as you live outside my local area I highly recommend them. If you live near Maryland then come see me at my LDS. If my LDS fires me I can work PT at McDonalds and make more:D

I might be asking for it here... And I know this is an old thread... But I think I missed the punchline here...

"And then of course there was this thread he started the day after this one about buyibg a "Spare Air 3"... http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread...38#post2110638"

???

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom