Zeagle BC (Scout / Stilleto / Tech / Zeagle Ranger LTD BC )

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I used a b/p wing set up for two years and did not like it, but it did look really cool. I now dive the Stilleto and it is the best bc I have ever used. It is neutral bouyant, very simple to load the weight pockets, It 's light weight and packs flat. I highly recommend the Stilleto for sport diving.

I use a Ranger and love it. I am considering getting a Stiletto's bladder for it. These are the 2 best BC's for someone who needs a slight custom fit. The waist band and soulder harness are seperate pieces so you can order them different sizes. The Ranger is a heavier duty nylon with metal D rings. The Brigade from scubatoys seems like a really good setup. It's nice that you can swap the bladder to a back plate and wing so you don't need to start fully from scratch if you go that way later. I like having a BC with pockets for taking a flash light or something smaller that I may need. Also like being weight integrated.

I did my OW training using a ScubaPro vest style and I hated it, I could never get my trim right. I borrowed a friends Ranger and was sold on Zeagle from that point.

I have been using a Zeagle Concept since getting my cert, I have recently switched to a Ranger LTD for no other reason then I need more D-Rings to hang stuff off of.

I have the Ranger ltd, I've only got like four dives on it but it is very comfortable and easy to use, I love it.

I have a Scubapro Knighthawk that I have been diving for 2+ years and really like for a full size BC. I just bought a Stilletto for a travel BC and a back up. I really like the way the Stiletto fits and feels. The lift for me (6', 190 lbs) with a steel tank and in cold California water is just at the edge of not being enough. For warmer water I am sure you'd be happy with the Stiletto, especially since you can semi-custom fit with various pads & shoulder straps.

I have had a Ranger for 4 years and about 300 dives. Its a size Large, but I customized it with size Medium shoulder straps, and a lumbar pad. I also switch between the 35 lb wing and the 44 lb wing depending on the kind of diving that I am doing.

Its also easy to detatch the wing and role it up for super compact packing. I can bring my BC, Reg, computer, mask, some magazines, snacks, i-pod, etc., all in my carry-on bag.

If it wore out, I would buy another one in a second! But, its not even close to wearing out!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom