Zeagle Brigade/Ranger Bladder

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cfelliot:
It seems that the Brigade just doesn't have enough lift for me...

Hey, you told me to get the Brigade in the "Zeagle for a Bigger Guy" thread. Now you are flip flopping on me?! :)

Seriously though, I think ScubaToys told me it was $280 to swap bladders if I remember correctly. Not completely sure though.

Jarrett:
Hey, you told me to get the Brigade in the "Zeagle for a Bigger Guy" thread. Now you are flip flopping on me?! :)

Seriously though, I think ScubaToys told me it was $280 to swap bladders if I remember correctly. Not completely sure though.

I understand. This was news to me! I didn't even think about bladder capacity until just the last few weeks. I only did warm water up to that point using a 3mm Shorty. 14-16lbs in Hawaii was perfect. My apologies, I was thinking in terms of fit and function.

I will reiterate that I don't want to replace the Brigade. It's perfect for traveling and I doubt I'll ever travel to dive in cold water. I'd just like to be able to swap the bladder during the summer months up here in Maine.

I'm just kidding. I'm not going to dive in anything too cold so I should be ok. I am digging the BC so far.

cfelliot:
I understand. This was news to me! I didn't even think about bladder capacity until just the last few weeks. I only did warm water up to that point using a 3mm Shorty. 14-16lbs in Hawaii was perfect. My apologies, I was thinking in terms of fit and function.

I will reiterate that I don't want to replace the Brigade. It's perfect for traveling and I doubt I'll ever travel to dive in cold water. I'd just like to be able to swap the bladder during the summer months up here in Maine.

You might try the following link. If you scoll down a bit you will find replacement bladders, including a 44 lb lift.

http://www.mikesscuba.com/zeagle/zeagleaccessories.htm

I'm looking to replace a bladder on a old harness myself by the prices are so close to a brigade that I am waffling. But like you I am big boy and when I dive local in NM I also resemble the Michelin man and need a lot of lead.

For any of you SB guys (and gals), If you want to turn a brigade into a ranger for occassional high lift situations, I can set you up with a bladder for about 200 - assuming you swap your inflator hose over. If you want a new inflator hose assembly... we'd have to clip you a bit more for that - but it's really easy to just unscrew the one and screw it on the other.

Jarrett:

scubatoys:
For any of you SB guys (and gals), If you want to turn a brigade into a ranger for occassional high lift situations, I can set you up with a bladder for about 200 - assuming you swap your inflator hose over. If you want a new inflator hose assembly... we'd have to clip you a bit more for that - but it's really easy to just unscrew the one and screw it on the other.

Larry,

I'm worried about wear & tear on the inflator hose. Do you think that's an issue at all?
I'd be swapping twice a year. If so I'll get one with hose.

Chuck

Just a thought, you might be able to find something used for about the same price. If you can find the harness the same size as yours then you would have a back up.

crpntr133:
......you might be able to find something used.....

Good Idea!

I looked on e-bay. There were a few Rangers, but no XXL. I'm going to look around the web for used stuff, but will most likely get a bladder from Larry.

Thanks,
Chuck

Ebay had a used Ranger bladder earlier today...I think it was $76, maybe more now with bidding.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom