Zeagle envoy II?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

brsnow

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi, are these built the same as Atomic now? The 2nd stages? Any thoughts on these, pros cons? Would be for pool and daughters as they start to dive.

I've got a handful of Zeagle regs at my house. One for me, and two for my daughters. The oldest of the regs was built prior to Huish acquisition of Zeagle and Atomic. The rest were actually made in the Atomic facility. The 2nd stages aren't the same as Atomic 2nds, but they do now incorporate some improvements developed by Atomic. My oldest reg had a 2nd stage update done to incorporate those changes.

Youngest has an Onyx II regulator. 2nd stages are similar, but not exact. The Onyx II has the breathing adjustment knob while the Envoy II 2nd does not. They all use the same service kits, though.

I've been very happy with my Zeagles. I also regularly use some Atomic regulators. Performance is definitely on par.

Envoy II 2nd does not

The ENVOY II second stage is unbalanced, isn't it? The ENVOY II first stage isn't environmentally sealed either afaik. I'd get the ONYX II myself. The price difference isn't a big deal.

Envoy II 1st and 2nd are balanced.

Onyx II 1st is environmentally sealed, while the Envoy II is not. That and the breathing adjustment knob on the 2nd were the main factors that had me pick the Onyx over the Envoy when buying for my youngest daughter.

Onyx II 1st is environmentally sealed, while the Envoy II is not.

You can buy the sealing kit for the Envoy II however.

the breathing adjustment knob on the 2nd were the main factors that had me pick the Onyx over the Envoy when buying for my youngest daughter.

What about buying an ONYX second stage by itself and using it for primary second and relegating the ENVOY second stage that came with the ENVOY first stage to be the alternate?

(I ask because I am evaluating which one to use for the dive school).

What about buying an ONYX second stage by itself and using it for primary second and relegating the ENVOY second stage that came with the ENVOY first stage to be the alternate?

(I ask because I am evaluating which one to use for the dive school).
I see no problem with that. They are similar enough, and you can keep the Envoy 2nd in Pre-dive to prevent freeflows as it does have a Venturi switch.

Back
Top Bottom