Compare and contrast some old first stages: CDX5, Zeagle Envoy, Aqualung Titan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SkullCaptain

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have accumulated some first stages and I'm trying to choose which to keep and which to sell. Who can help me compare and contrast the Zeagle Envoy, Aqualung Titan and Oceanic CDX5?

they are all diaphragm and should all work similarly, with the envoy being a slightly newer design so it might perform slightly better. the titan has cheap parts available for rebuilding from trident if you have access. the zeagle is probably the easiest to get oem kits, but its getting old enough that there is a risk if support gets discontinued you will be stuck in a dacor situation.

As it happens , over the years, I have had all 3. The Oceanic had problems was returned to Oceanic replaced with new and immediately sold. The Zeagle has been in occasional service for at least 10 years with no problems. It is a nice reg.
I currently have 1 Titan and 5 Titan LX in service and they're (obviously) my go - to regs. OEM parts have gotten a bit tight (I recently began pirating one LX second stage for parts) but I will continue with them as long possible because I know and like them.

the zeagle is probably the easiest to get oem kits, but its getting old enough that there is a risk if support gets discontinued you will be stuck in a dacor situation.
I seriously doubt that you'll run into a support issue if it's discontinued. The Envoy uses the exact same service kit as the majority of the Zeagle line. For first stages, I believe only the Razor is different.

I've got a long ago discontinued Zeagle DS-IV/V. No trouble getting service as it uses the same kits as my Onyx II and FH-7.

As mentioned, Zeagle first stages since they started making them (meaning not Apeks made) use the same service kit and since it’s a diaphragm you replace all of the important parts with a service.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom