Zeagle Express Tech configuration

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Colliam7 - good advice thanks! For working with the LDS's, there are several here in the area (San Diego) but I always want to know a lot about what I want before I talk with them. The are a business and a lot of time what they sell "colors" their opinion on what is "best". Taking with DSS or DRIS is a good idea and I emailed Jim earlier and he sent me his BP/W pdf doc (Have not read yet, will tonight).

When I have looked at Dive Gear express, the only thing I have seen anywhere near $300 has been for the 25lbs lift setup. Something with a 35lbs w/SS backplate runs at least $460 and something in the 40lbs range is slightly over $480 but maybe I have not looked enough.

Thanks again for your comments, it has been helpful

I have a Zeagle Express Tech (not the deluxe) that I got a really good deal on open box unused. It did come with shoulder and plate padding which I removed. I put on the zip touch weight system then added xsscuba weight pockets to the shoulder straps held in place by triglides so that the ride just over my shoulders. This works great and is my travel rig. I also picked up a used steel BP/W with Hogarthian harness and a single tank wing. Put a couple of weight pockets on the shoulders and a couple on the waistband for diving aluminum tanks in salt. I find trim easier with the steel plate than the Express Tech, just slightly, not a big deal, but if I'm diving local I'll always use the steel plate. With so many tech type divers going sidemount there are lots of BP-W for sale used, and I probably put both these systems together 2nd hand for about what one would cost new.

NOTE: the shoulder pockets are not readily ditchable weight, so if you do something like that make sure you have weight elsewhere you can readily ditch and when ditched you can easily swim up.

Back
Top Bottom