Zeagle - Made in USA?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

circusoflife

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Do all Zeagle BCs have a US Flag on them?

I assume they are engineering in the US. Are they made 100% in the USA? If not where?

They are manufactured just down the road from me, in Zephyrhills, FL (Statement from Zeagle website). I dont know if they all have a US flag on them, lets say when shipped overseas, although i have seen older versions of certain BC's without a flag (for whatever reason).

Whether the fabric is woven here, or the raw materials grown in this country i would have no idea :wink:

circusoflife:

I assume they are engineering in the US. Are they made 100% in the USA? If not where?
PM Scottzeagle on this board, he works for them.

circusoflife,

Zeagle BCs are made in Zephyrhills, FL., (NE of Tampa).
So are Zeagle regulators, except the Octo+ alternate inflation regulator. (An Apex product.)
Most of the BCs do have the American flag on them.

In an offshoring world, where most products are no longer produced in the USA, Zeagle still builds them here.

Someone once commented about our 911 BC, saying they thought it was tacky to name a BC after such a tragic event. We would agree, except the 911 was started many years before Sept 11th, 2001.

Chad Carney
FL Zeagle Sales Representative

circusoflife:

Both my Ranger BC, and my 50D/ZX say made in the USA.

R ALL the parts they use from the USA? Impossible to say.

Ron

The FTC is quite specific about the requirements to claim Made in the USA. A significant amout of the material and manufacturing costs must be incurred in the US.

Made in USA

Good replies.

From the FTC Website:

U.S. content must be disclosed on automobiles and textile, wool, and fur products. There’s no law that requires most other products sold in the U.S. to be marked or labeled Made in USA or have any other disclosure about their amount of U.S. content. However, manufacturers and marketers who choose to make claims about the amount of U.S. content in their products must comply with the FTC’s Made in USA policy.

--

As mentioned by others the question for Zeagle reps is what % of say the Ranger BC is US Content?

--

Another user mentions their BC has a Canadian flag. What is the purpose of the flag then? To identify the nationality of the diver? Or was the original intent to advertise the engineering origins and it got changed in marketing...???

Thanks.

circusoflife:
There’s no law that requires most other products sold in the U.S. to be marked or labeled Made in USA or have any other disclosure about their amount of U.S. content.

Yes, but anything of foreign origin must be labeled "Made in China" (or wherever...) So the rare item with no markings is most likely of US origin.

My Zeagle BCD not only has a US flag, but the mfg tag inside says Made in USA, thus it must meet the regulations for an "unqualified claim".

My Atomic Regs are also US made. I will grudgingly purchase cheap foreign bits, but I try support US and North American manufactures for most major purchases.

Well, if it is, probably not long before they will be outsourced to some foreign location. Then we can await the arrival of a new cheap knockoff, available on some on-line site.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom