Zeagle scout weighting

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AH, the joys of being left handed. I have my Zeagle knife/shears kit attached to the webbing on top of my right shoulder strap. Great location, and easy to reach for a "leftie".

4 dives this past weekend in the scout.

I used two 1 inch PVC pipe ziptied together in the bottom of the weight pocket, as that is the size that was lying around. Worked great. I am thinking of just sewing the pocket together in the middle. That way I can add a weight into the top or the bottom and the bottom weight would be ditchable. Comments?

My trim was back to normal but the tank was pretty high on the bc. My first stage was constantly touching the back of my head. I dont mind this. I guess this is the price I have to pay to not use a weight belt and a bc without front weight pockets.

I had a problem with the chest strap. The Slik-Clik duraflex clip did not flex. Maybe I pulled too hard or maybe it was not fastened. Anyway, see the picture. (sorry for the low res. used my phone)

Drawback of living in the Philippines is they most probably do not have spares of this readily available. If you push them on the warranty, it will take forever as it will come with their next shipment. I'm thinking of just sewing it onto the BC.

I had the same thing happed. I just replaced it with a SS split ring. An 1/8 in SS link would do as well. This is the one weak spot I have found on the Scout, a stronger connector would be a good idea.

Sorry to hear about your chest strap - we honestly get very few complaints about them breaking, but maybe you have "super-human" strength!!! :D

PM me your address and I will try to mail you one...not sure it will make it to the PI, but we can give it a shot, if you want...

Scott

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom