Zeagle Stiletto Owners - Weight Questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Venture34

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I just bought a used Stiletto and it didn't come with any weights. So for those who have used a Stiletto, what is the best weight distribution between the front and rear pockets. I will be diving in SE Florida in a 3mm wetsuit.

Also, I previously used a weight belt. Can I use lead weights from my belt or do I have to buy the pouches?

You can put your lead weights in the pouch pockets in the front and back. Best to use the "ditch" front pocket for about 1/2 of the weight. I moved the two pouches in the back up to the top strap for more trim. You can also continue to use your weight belt for better weight distribution. Mix and match!

The "Yellow Thingies" are not needed but are nice once you have your weighting figured out. If you are diving from a boat they help when you need to get the weights on the boat before you get out of the water. They also keep small 1# weight from sliding out of the bottom of the RIPCORD pockets.

I also moved the rear trim pockets to the top cam band because I tend to need my trim weights high up on my body. I also have had trouble with turning turtle if I get to much weight in the trim pouches.

The yellow thingies work great to hold small shot pouch weights. I find if I have too much weight in the back trim pockets and a steel tank I tend to roll belly up.

My SO puts 2lbs in each of the rear pouches. The rest goes in her rip cord pouches via the yellow pockets.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom