Zeagle Stiletto Review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RonFrank:
I maybe guilty of what you are calling flaming. Keep in mind when he posted his first review, he was not certified, and had never done a dive which was IMO an issue. Most of his negative comments were on trim and buoyancy which are issues for most new divers.

I have not read his updates, but now he has a LOT more experience I would have a lot more respect for his opinions of dive products.

It's easy to jump on an old thread, and judge the original content, but time changes things, and I believe he has updated his review as well. How many car reviews have you read from people who don't have a license, and would you take that advice? :D
Hey Calvin I appreciate your opinion and appreciate you taking time to do such a review. Some divers really depend on this to help make decisions when it comes to buying gear or maybe just comparing their opinions to yours. I agree with you alot when it comes to the Stiletto just try to stay away from the word turtling when it comes to Open Water Diving. I had a Ranger LTD and the damn thing was just to bulky especially when trying to multitask in a cave or cavern, still a great BC but not for over head environments. If you want a real BC I suggest you try a Dive Rite Trans Pac the best and the last BC you will ever use. That is my opinion and I'm sticking to it.

:confused:
RonFrank:
I maybe guilty of what you are calling flaming. Keep in mind when he posted his first review, he was not certified, and had never done a dive which was IMO an issue. Most of his negative comments were on trim and buoyancy which are issues for most new divers.

I have not read his updates, but now he has a LOT more experience I would have a lot more respect for his opinions of dive products.

It's easy to jump on an old thread, and judge the original content, but time changes things, and I believe he has updated his review as well. How many car reviews have you read from people who don't have a license, and would you take that advice? :D

Hi RonFrank, thank you for responding. It's been awhile hasn't it? Sorry if I had gotten a little on the defensive at the time when this thread was fresh.

Out of curiosity, why is it that you think I wasn't certified at the time of writing that review? The review was published August 10, 2005. I did my PADI Open Water in Thailand during the Fall/Winter of 2002 and was a Rescue Diver at the time of the review being published. During the years between the time I first was certified and wrote the review I was a scuba correspondent for a travel magazine and had the pleasure of logging dives in the triple digits across quite a few seas and countries (still not that many compared to some, but enough to jot down some personal impressions on such a common piece of equipment). If there is one type of BCD I knew well at the time, it was one well-suited for travel (which is why I came to a similar conclusion as you did: that the Stiletto is perfectly made for dive travel). Perhaps you're thinking of another diver?

After seeing the entirety of this thread, I am definitely glad that I went with the Stiletto. I cant wait to try it out in open water :)

Well, for what it's worth, I think the Stiletto is a great product from a great company. The only design issue that I had with it is ride-up on surface swims. So, I sent it back to the factory, and they added a Split Saddle Strap at no charge! Thanks Scott!

funkyspelunker:
:confused:

Hi RonFrank, thank you for responding.
Out of curiosity, why is it that you think I wasn't certified at the time of writing that review? .... Perhaps you're thinking of another diver?

I'm pretty sure he got you and Adobo mixed up from the original "discussion"
BTW. I have an Escape and really like it. Wife has a SeaQuest Malibu & really likes that.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom