Zena review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I love my new Diva LX. I have used it 2 times the past week- once in the quarry and once in the pool. It fits wonderfully, easy on and off, I am very pleased. Used the weight integrated plus belt in the quarry and just weight integrated in the pool.
I could take out the weight pouches out and out them back in while floating in the water. Try one.

Hi,

I'm planning to buy a Zena, but I'm kind of confused about the sizing. The Zeagle website specifies "torso length". How do you measure this?

I went to the shop wanting to try one on, but they only stock up to medium. If I want a large, they will have to order it from the US for me. I don't want to commit to ordering one without knowing for sure that the LG will fit me. I'm a US size 16, by the way. Is anybody in my size or larger using a Zena? What size BC do you use?

Thanks!

I'm a size 16. Tried the Zena large. It's really not very good for large busty women. The upper parts of the front bra/torso thing kind of turn out and don't fit snugly.

I'd suggest a Zeagle Escape. If you're around 5'4" I would suspect that the medium shoulder with large waistband would fit you. They will mix sizes on those, which is why it's so easy to fit a Zeagle.

ET

Hmmm--

If you're 5'7", you'd probably need a large shoulder on the Escape.

I'm 5'4" and am a 40C -- some would call that busty.

ET

DivingDoc, thanks for the info.

Took a peek at the Escape, but it's not exactly what I'm looking for. I've always wanted to buy a back-inflated BC that looks like and works almost like a BP-wing setup (but Halcyon is not within my price range :)) I tried Halcyon once and it was excellent. All I have to do now is find something that looks as streamlined. Hence the decision to get a Zena.

OK now I kind of know what you mean by "busty"... I guess I'm moderately busty. If only I can figure out what they mean about "torso length" :confused:

See:

http://www.zeagle.com/bc2001_zena.htm

I think by torso length, they mean the distance from the bone at the bas of your neck/top of thoracic spine to waist. Or measure from shoulder to waist.

The Escape is also back inflation. If you are a size 16, and especially if you wear a thick wetsuit, I doubt if the Zena will have enough buoyant lift capacity for you.

ET

Looks like the Zena in LG will fit me well.

All of my dives so far have been in warm waters, so I wear a 0.5mm suit or sometimes just a lycra skin.

As for lift, I tried Halcyon's Pioneer 18 wings and it had sufficient lift for me. I'm going to ask my LDS to order the Zena for me. Thanks for all the input.

:)

Hi!

Been looking at the Zena myself, but have a few questions.
Since it looks like I'll be diving dry sometime in the future, will this be a problem with the Zena? Specifically, will the bodice style of it block access to the drysuit inflation valve? And will it have enough buoyant lift capacity? I'll probably control buoyancy using my drysuit anyway, but in an emergency it's nice to have the BC as a backup.

Regards,
Kris

What about the fact that there is no hard back on the ZENA? Im a bit new to this and I am looking at buying a BC for my wife. We went and looked at a Libra BC and the LDS mentioned that the hard back plate was good because it would prevent the tank from rolling around. Is there any roll around on the Zena?

Thanks

Nick

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom