Zena review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Zeagles have two straps as opposed to the single strap on most hard packs. This prevents the tank from wiggling around. I can attest that this approach works, as I have had no probs with that happening with my Zeagle Escape.

ET

On Zeagles web site they mention that their BC is geared toward temperate or warm water. What drawbacks are there to using a Zena in Cold water (southern Cali) Or is Socal "temperate" in relation to other places.

Also, what is the typical price tag on one of these?

Thanks

You need more bouyant lift capacity to dive in colder water because of the fact that you will need a thicker wet suit -- hence, more weight. Most people want enough BLC to hold up their BC if they take it off at the surface (eg. to hand it up to a crew member).

ET:)

So, if my wife dives with 20 lbs of lead and the zena holds 30 that should be more than good enough for her right? Im really looking for a good back inflate BC for her. So far its down to the Zena, Ladyhawk, and Libra. I hope I can figure this out soon!

Thanks,

Nick

Assuming that she is not going ot need more than that amount of weight if when she does colder water diving.

Actually, I thougt the Zena's BLC was only 24 lbs.

Have you considered the Zeagle Escape or the Zeagle Concept? Also, Oceanic Balance is a good back inflation BC. Seaquest has the Divas that are very comfortable women's BC's, though I don't know what the BLC is.

The Zena is a purly tropical BC and if that's all you plan to do, that's fine.

ET:)

One of the reasons I am looking at the Zena is because I have found an online source for about 300 instead of the 450-468 for the Libra or Ladyhawk at the LDS. My wife felt very comfortable in the Libra that we tried on at the LDS but if the Zena will feel the same for her and its 150 cheaper then I will go that route. Are there any other cheaper places to find the Libra or Lady hawk?

As far as temps go, we dive in 68ish water right now (off the coast of Southern California, and Catalina, so we both dive in 7mm suits. I dont see us doing much colder without needing to take dry suit classes, so I would say that our BLC should be fairly constant.

Thanks for all the input!

I've looked at both and actually at our local LDS one of the owners had a Zena made for him from Zeagle. I still think that I am going to go with the Escape for a few reasons... one being that it has more lift then the Zena which in using a dry suit would help as well as colder conditions.
But both are great BCD's... It's just a matter of your diving profile on what would fit your needs.

If you really want a Libra, try www.leisurepro.com. That's where I got mine. I've been very happy with it.

blitzpb once bubbled...
One of the reasons I am looking at the Zena is because I have found an online source for about 300 instead of the 450-468 for the Libra or Ladyhawk at the LDS. My wife felt very comfortable in the Libra that we tried on at the LDS but if the Zena will feel the same for her and its 150 cheaper then I will go that route. Are there any other cheaper places to find the Libra or Lady hawk?

If you really want a Libra, try www.leisurepro.com. That's where I got mine. I've been very happy with it.

blitzpb once bubbled...

Back
Top Bottom