Zika

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm sure it's been there for a while. A few months ago, I was watching the national news and they put up a map of Central and South America with the effected countries in red and the uneffected in white. Belize was in white but was completely surrounded by Mexico, Guatemala and Honduras in red. Given the number of mosquitos in Belize, especially in the jungle, I just rolled my eyes.

I chalked it up to the usual Belize's lack of resources to track and furnish that sort of information.

Luckily, it won't be an issue for the vast majority of tourists--even if they get it they probably won't know it--but for those who are pregnant they should think long and hard before visiting Central or South America. I don't know how the locals are going to cope with this.

The situation is more complicated than Downing portrays, best to go to the CDC site to get current info as the situation is still unfolding.

How can it be more complicated than what Downing has expressed for Belize?

I was talking about the risks, but I guess it is a little more complicated than I had thought since it can be transmitted from a man to his sex partners.

At my age and at this point in my marriage of 30+ years, still not much of an issue for me. :tired:

If non-pregnant tourists contract Zika, how is that any more complicated than acquiring dengue and/or chikengunga? Other than for your wife, that is Downing. Heehee

I read downing's post to mean it's in Belize whether reported or not.

What does katzgar mean?

"The situation is more complicated than Downing portrays, best to go to the CDC site to get current info as the situation is still unfolding."

Katz, not to point out the obvious, but you're quoting yourself and I feel like we're stuck on a merry go round. Not helpful. Could you please enlighten us as to what makes the situation more complicated?

This isn't a challenge. But it's been a long day, and I don't want to have to comb through the CDC website to try to figure out what you're talking about. Just spit it out. No matter how horrible, I think I can take it.

Unless they close the border. That would be a major disappointment since I'm due to touch down there in about six weeks.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom