zip gloves.... safe?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I get the lined blue "smurf gloves" for $20 from a local commercial fishing supply place. The same gloves are $45 at the LDS and he gets them from the same place :rolleyes:
Once I figured out how to assemble them, it's not a big deal to do it myself (somehow couldn't bring myself to spend $20 to get the LDS to install the rings!!)

As far as I see it, there are two issues with this new zip seal thing, and the zip gloves. #1- I cant afford them. #2- I dont want them. I dont want anything that zips on my suit (except for the dry zipper). I dont even have dry gloves, because I dont want to risk the integrity of my suit with the gloves (yes, there are some that you can use a wrist seal with, and If I ever do decide to pony up the cash for them, I will get that type). For me, wetsuit gloves are cheaper to replace, and I dont risk a suit leak with them.

Wetsuit gloves are not cheaper to replace, dude. Where can you get good coldwater wetsuit gloves for $15/pair? :p

Yeah, youre right. Im still thinking that I am working at a LDS :)P). I was getting some nice Deep See 5mm gloves for $15. Also, I didnt have to pay for rings and cuffs for my drygloves. :p

Back
Top Bottom