Zip Seal/ DC Ring Glove marriage..look

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jagfish:
Know of anyone that sells this stuff online?

JAG

No, sorry. You can always call "Any Water Sports" here in San Jose and I'm sure they would ship it to you. Ask for John (store manager)

(408) 244-4433

Dang, ain't that a bit on the expensive side to rig all that up? It sounds like you'd have enough invested in just gloves/cuffs/rings that you'd be able to buy a whole suit.
Doesn't DUI have the option to attach a fixed ring system on their suits?

Bob3:
Dang, ain't that a bit on the expensive side to rig all that up? It sounds like you'd have enough invested in just gloves/cuffs/rings that you'd be able to buy a whole suit.
Doesn't DUI have the option to attach a fixed ring system on their suits?

No and Yes

No, It's not that expensive. It's all about having max options. Zip seals, Zip Gloves, gloves with seals, the ability to change a busted latex seal in minutes. It's not cheap but it's as good as it gets.

Yes, DUI offers attached ring gloves but I don't want them without the zip option and they don't hold a candle to the DC system.

..and further more, with all the money I have in all my gear, do you think I really want to cut corners at the gloves? No. I'm not cheap when it comes to my gear.

Looks like it takes up an awful lot of forearm space. Do you wear your gauges there? Does it get in the way?

jonnythan:
Looks like it takes up an awful lot of forearm space. Do you wear your gauges there? Does it get in the way?

No not at all. Not anymore that not having zip seals. Our local GUE instructor has the same set up.

I wear my SK7 on the left (of course) and it's perfectly fine. And on the right my bottom timer is on my forearm. Perfect!

Interesting stuff ... I'm waiting for my new suit (DUI CLX450 Signature), which will have zip seals and zip gloves. Should be getting the suit sometime around New Year (I hope) ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

NWGratefulDiver:
Interesting stuff ... I'm waiting for my new suit (DUI CLX450 Signature), which will have zip seals and zip gloves. Should be getting the suit sometime around New Year (I hope) ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Cool! The zip gloves are great...in the water but it's really nice to have free "naked" hands while gearing up! :) This system is the best of both worlds IMO. If you have not used the DC system, you would not believe how easy they are to don and doff.

That suit should be awesome Bob. It must be like waiting for Christmas!
:wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom