Zipper Location on Drysuits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Everybody mentions that you need help to get into a back zip.
My problem with a back zip is waiting for my buddy to unzip me on a hot day. It can get very hot in a drysuit once you leave the cold water.

The TLS SE has different boots and no"telescoping" torso, so fit may not be as good as it could be. I would call DUI and talk to 1 of their customer service people. They have always been very helpful when I've had a question. FWIW, I wouldn't own a suit with a back zip. I have 2 DUI's and wouldn't buy anything else.

TLS 350 has a warm neck collar..TLS SE does not..can fit greater range of people in TLS 350..not so with the TLS SE.

I think I'm going to go with the TLS350, the telescoping torso won me over more than anything else. I looked on the website and I can get the rock boot system with both. I think I may also pay for the upgrade to have it custom cut. It just seems that a drysuit is an investment worth making right the first time.

I do appreciate all those who offered their two cents. I have a cheap dry suit now that leaks like crazy and the move to get in to a good suit is going to make all the difference in the world, but making sure it's what I want is important so I do appreciate the input.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom