Suunto Dive Manager Issues

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i have someone who is trying to convert the Sunnto output from the Dive manager(the data base) to a access or excel version and to also make a better print out to fit the normal log books out there now. will let you know if and when it happens....:confused:

chrispete once bubbled...

From the Suunto manual, "Note! It is not possible to change between the air, nitrox and guage modes before the instrument has counted down the no-flying time..."

Basically the software is taking into account that the computer will not allow you to switch from air to nitrox or vice versa, thus if you model your first dive using the air mode, it will ignore the change to nitrox and model the second dive in the series as an air dive.
I simulate all my dives in Nitrox, including my first, and it still doesn't work. That's not a good flaw to have. It raises a question in my mind if my air time on the computer is correct, however, I don't rely on that anyway. I'm looking at no-deco time and the pressure gauge.

danw2002 once bubbled...
i have someone who is trying to convert the Sunnto output from the Dive manager(the data base) to a access or excel version and to also make a better print out to fit the normal log books out there now. will let you know if and when it happens....:confused:

You can use the export function from within Dive Manager to save you logbook as a series of comma-separate text files. This information can be directly imported into Excel. Of course you will probably need to play around with the spreadsheet a bit before it is of any use.

Personally, I import the information into a database, which I use to display my log on my website. I'm also having a bit of a play around with printing my own version of a paper log from it.

yep, i know, but the key is getting it to look ok and be usefull in the exported form, that is what we are trying to do. thanks.

froop once bubbled...

You can use the export function from within Dive Manager to save you logbook as a series of comma-separate text files. This information can be directly imported into Excel. Of course you will probably need to play around with the spreadsheet a bit before it is of any use.

Personally, I import the information into a database, which I use to display my log on my website. I'm also having a bit of a play around with printing my own version of a paper log from it.

You obviously haven't tried to export more than 50 dives. There's a bug - I could replicate it in 1.2, 1.3 and now version 1.4. It just won't export more than 50 dives. You can't direct it which 50 dives either, it's always does the first 50. Lame!

DiverBuoy once bubbled...

You obviously haven't tried to export more than 50 dives. There's a bug - I could replicate it in 1.2, 1.3 and now version 1.4. It just won't export more than 50 dives. You can't direct it which 50 dives either, it's always does the first 50. Lame!

You are correct, I have not exported my than 50 dives. I'm actually only a very new Suunto owner (my Stinger has only done two dives with me).

Before my Stinger, I've logged all my dives in my Palm (using
Aqua Divelog. Obviously this is not usefull for all, as I imagine not everyone has a Palm device.

Aqua Divelog has interfaces for a number of popular computers currently on the market, including the Suuntos. I find it easy to bring my Palm to download the computer stats, and then fill in all the blanks (gear, notes, etc) into my Palm while its all fresh in my mind.

Mine exports the 150 dives its done since last summer no problems, takes a while though

How full is your hard disk? and how much memory do you have

madmole once bubbled...
Mine exports the 150 dives its done since last summer no problems, takes a while though

How full is your hard disk? and how much memory do you have

we are talking about the same feature right - the export option to delimited file (which can be opened in excel for example). As for the other questions HDD - 90 GB Free (not to be confused with MB) and 512 MB RAM. Trust me these have no bearing on the problem, and the export completes - but leaves an incomplete listing. So that leaves the question how are you doing it?

I assumed you menat export from Computer to DIve manager software

Hang on I'll try exporting mine to file.....

Nope worked but split it into 2 files thgat need joining. Its because I added 3 users parameters its pushed the last 3 columns into a separate file

Straight ASCII export to desktop in CSV format

No idea mate

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom