Backup light review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The PT LEDs are *very* nice lights. Rather long, and a bit wide (touch hard to remove), but otherwise, no complaints. Also makes the perfect light for tropical night dives.

Rainer:
The PT LEDs are *very* nice lights. Rather long, and a bit wide (touch hard to remove), but otherwise, no complaints. Also makes the perfect light for tropical night dives.
I agree, I was very impressed by Robyn's (she was quite pleased to make me jealous for a change!). Made me decide to get one... and then I read this review. I just want to make sure it's the best choice compared to the GF, since the price is similar. The OP has actually used both, so his viewpoint should be educational.

Agree, it's a very useful post. I do have one buddy who ditched his GF for a PT (liked the throw of the PT better). Either light looks great.

This same discussion is taking place over on TDS. The word seems to be that the PT is just as good as, if not better than the Heser (but check the thread yourself). I'd save the extra money and get the PT LED.

Sweet! Gotta love it.....heading to TDS now before I click the buy button :)

Rainer:
Agree, it's a very useful post. I do have one buddy who ditched his GF for a PT (liked the throw of the PT better). Either light looks great.
That's kind of where I'm leaning. It's one thing to have both, but assuming I'll only have one for a while, the superior throw of the PT seems to be the best choice.

Everyone buy the PT cause its made here in TEXAS!!!

RiverRat:
Has anyone compared the PT with a Heser backup LED? I can get one for about $216.00 US from deepstop.de. It's expensive but a top of the line light. Just wonder if it's worth the extra $.
http://www.deepstop.de/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=86_90&products_id=429

I have not used the Heser but do know it is a direct drive light with no electronic regulation. This means in theory it should be more reliable but will get dimmer as the batteries die. I would bet is not as bright to begin with but that is just a guess. With that said I have owned about thirty different regulated LED lights and even two regulated incandescent lights and not had a problem with any circuits in them.

CompuDude:
So if I was to start with only one, you think perhaps the PT is the way to go? I'm not concerned about handling, I'm sure both would be fine for me.

Yes if the size does not bother you get the PT no question.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom