Trouble contacting Blue XTSea

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
No torches or pitchforks needed :) It was a tough reality (break-up was 2 days after I got back from Fiji), but in the end it is DEFINITELY for the best. He is a good man and we are still friends...we just didn't have what it takes to build a lifetime together, and I respect him for realizing that and admitting it. Once I finally accepted that, things started to fall back into place in an even better way for me personally...and now I'm getting back to what I do best...that's running my business and giving it my 200% (now that the family is gone) :) That bad chapter of my life is over and I'm moving on :)

Wishing you much happiness in whatever form it might take

To anyone who ever has a problem with emails to Cozumel, use a telephone.

Cozumel is not the USA and has chronic problems in the digital age. For starters, there's insufficient bandwidth, and reliability leaves much to be desired, and when problems occur they take much longer to be fixed than would considered acceptable elsewhere. Besides that, there are frequent interuptions because of natural and manmade damage to the infrastructure.

A telephone doesn't garrantee that you'll get through, but you'll at least know you didn't, and not be wondering why you didn't get an answer to your inquiry.

Last edited:
To anyone who ever has a problem with emails to Cozumel, use a telephone.

[...]

A telephone doesn't garrantee that you'll get through, but you'll at least know that, and not be wondering why you didn't get an answer to your inquiry.

Second that; these days a phone call to Mexico is not all that hard to make, and neither is it all that expensive.

I would hope that all of the members of this board, and others, understand that Christi, others, and I are not huge corporations and don't have a bank of operators sitting in Bombay to answer questions, nor an IT staff standing by (my webmaster is in Norway!).

I am sure that she, like us, works very hard to be responsive but stuff happens--and believe it or not most of the time its not our fault. We all know that our internet response is the lifeblood of our efforts to make happy divers--we work on it very hard. I do have the benefit of 2 very capable people (Greg and Kay) who respond to most of our emails but even then stuff happens...most recently with Nudediver.

Whether it be spam filters on the other end, malicious denial of service attacks (happened to Aldora twice), web page problems, or yes, even a goof up on our part--it is going to happen from time to time. So Christi deserves the benefit of the doubt as we all will from time to time.

Dave Dillehay
Aldora Divers

Last edited:
Just remember that it is always better to take a criticism directly to the merchant than to an anonymous message board. I had some problems with emails to Christi, but frankly most of them were my fault (I wasn't checking my spam folder). I could have gone somewhere else, but it is very important to me to use her DM's, whom I know and trust. After I found out the problem, I would have felt like quite the dope after I determined most of the problem was on my end. Now that I know what Christi went through, I would have felt even worse. Just remember, there are real people behind the anonymity of the message board.

I guess, in a way, it was good that Marcy brought this up. My wife and I tried to make reservations last March and had the same problems. We even called and talked to someone other than Christi and got nowhere. We reluctantly made reservations with another dive operator. We hated that we had to go with someone else because the best dives we had ever done in Cozumel was with Pedro and Jordan. We both felt it was unlike BlueXTsea to not respond to an email or phone call and jokingly figured that we had been black balled. Kinda like Seinfeld's Soup Nazi, "No Diving for you!!" It's good to know that we weren't black balled! :) Anyhow....I wish Christi all the best and we look forward to diving with BlueXTsea again.

Yes, anyone trying to reach me please also make sure you are sending to the rigth address.

I recevied this PM today...this address won't reach me :) It should be info@bluextseadiving.com or reservations@bluextseadiving.com

Yeah, that was me :doh2: I actually did send the email to the correct address - I just mistyped the address from "memory" in the PM...

Anyway - email has been re-sent.

I know, I heard only good things - but I guess things go awry sometimes - I am sure there are plenty of good ops in Cozumel

this information explains the situation. Your personal email to me was very discouraging, however. I never meant to upset you so much. I sent about 8 emails that were all not answered - not knowing that for the month that I was trying, your server was down. That is basically all the trouble - because we got such good recommendations about blue x-tsea.

I don't feel really good about diving with a company that I can't reach for a month!
Amen to that. It's hard to do business when the communication, for whatever reason, isn't there. Esp. on something like an expensive dive trip. But it's good that the vendor came on here and described the situation, for better or worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom