Found Camera - stage.com - Help!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think we might assume the pictures of the kids in school and the restaurant is from their home country of the Netherlands.

What led me to Aruba was the word "Schakel" on the wall. That is a school in Aruba. There are other pictures at a house that appears to have tropical tiles and architecture:

Attachments

• DSCN3270.jpg
    DSCN3270.jpg
    397 KB · Views: 967
never mind.

The language on the paper in the school scene is definitely Dutch.

If you like I can post a message on the Dutch Scuba forums about this but I haven't been following this thread. if you give me some details to post then I'll cross post it.

R..

There are 10 elementary schools in the area, 9 in Holland and one in Belgium that are named "de Schakel"

R..

What led me to Aruba was the word "Schakel" on the wall. That is a school in Aruba. There are other pictures at a house that appears to have tropical tiles and architecture:

That picture is definitely not taken in Holland. The architecture is wrong and nobody has open courtyards like that here.

Aruba is a long way from Florida.

R..

The dates on the diving pictures are November 1 and 11, 2009. The last video they shot was Nov 11. The video of the turtle is Jan, 2010. This camera has been in the water since November.

I'm amazed the turtle hit both the power and record buttons when he bit in to the housing. So far, I've had no luck uploading the video. It's 20 minutes long. It must have ran until the3 batteries died.

I wrote the school in Aruba, with the link to here! Maybe they will recognize one of the kids. :)

There are 10 elementary schools in the area, 9 in Holland and one in Belgium that are named "de Schakel"

R..

That picture is definitely not taken in Holland. The architecture is wrong and nobody has open courtyards like that here.

Aruba is a long way from Florida.

R..

Someone opined that the growth on the camera looked two months old.

The dates on the diving pictures are November 1 and 11, 2009. The last video they shot was Nov 11. The video of the turtle is Jan, 2010. This camera has been in the water since November.

I'm amazed the turtle hit both the power and record buttons when he bit in to the housing. So far, I've had no luck uploading the video. It's 20 minutes long. It must have ran until the3 batteries died.

Wow! You have GOT to tell us the maker of the case! (No, not really, but when the owner is found?)

Survives six months in the water and the attack of the turtle! :rofl3:

Hmmm... now that you mention it, the white tiles at the school don't look very European...

Aquahound, are there any photos that show an electrical outlet or a light switch?

Anyone recognize the make of the TV hanging above the guest house table? Looks PAL/European.

All the photos don't have to have been taken in the same place, or on the same continent...

Aquahound, are there any photos that show an electrical outlet or a light switch?

I'll look. Give me a minute.

Wow! You have GOT to tell us the maker of the case! (No, not really, but when the owner is found?)

Survives six months in the water and the attack of the turtle! :rofl3:

No problem. They had a pretty unique underwater activity. I'll withholding that specific info to confirm ownership if and when we find an owner.

The name of the case is scratched over, but it has an emblem of a blue octopus.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom