buddies needed for lake rawlings diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

zenheadhunter

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Looking for dive buddies to dive with at the quarry.I,m a new diver and plan on diving often on the weekends.would also like to meet divers who would maybe be interested in taking some tech classes as a buddie team after we dive together for a while and i have gained a good bit of experience . if your a new diver who needs a buddie or an experienced diver who does not mind diving with a rookie lets meet up and do some diving at the lake.

Thanks,
Vince

I don't get up that way often but if Rolesville quarry (just north of Raleigh) is within your driving range, you are alway welcome to join me there. I am there fairly often, new buddies are always welcome.

I PM'ed you but I want to welcome you to scubaboard and say that when you tire of all that unchallenging visibility and warmth, there is always Millbrook Quarry in Haymarket, VA. I did my training there and despite constantly making fun of the place (it's not the tropics) I find it strangely alluring as a place to practice skills and get wet in an underwater junkyard.

There seems to be a pretty good sized dive community in NoVa and DC metro area so you're likely to find buddies around here and some LDS's organize bbq's and "Fun Days" that are social dive events. There's also divebuddy.com which helped me find a couple buddies for local diving.

Steve

I dive at Rawlings as often as work schedule and family life allows and would enjoy meeting you and diving together!

I'm not sure where you live, but strongly suggest looking into a local Dive Club. I live in Tappahannock and started a fairly small Scuba Meetup Group here but am also a member of both the Chester Dive Club and the Richmond Dive Club.

Joining a club REALLY opens up diving opportunities and significantly increases number of dive buddies!

Mark

I live just outside richmond to the west and always up for diving on the weekends and i know some of the richmond dive club members and fully intent to join soon just need to make a mental note to stop procrastinateing.If i am not camping i usually stay at the a hotel depends on how humid it is and what the weather forcast is.

looking for some dives this summer at lake rawlings.

If you post when you are going or specific dates we will try to meet. We just got back from a 2 day trip to Rawlings a couple hours ago. Water temps were 80 degrees for the first 10 ft, 77 to about 25ft, 58 at around 35 ft and low 50s at the plane. Im planning on going back around the 24th of July for a couple days. I will post solid dates when I get them if anyone wants to meet there.

If you're ever available on the weekdays hit me up. We are usually there 1-3 days during the week and often work on tech/wreck type skills often, in fact I will be doing some practice in sidemount next week.

I get my regs back from service the 9th wanna dive soon after.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom